I"m a surgeon - a notable one, with rock steady hands, yet I'm an highly functioning alcoholic. A lot of people find it very hard to believe I can be both, but it is true.

I live multiple lives, in the sense that noone could ever divine one from the other.

When I'm in Thailand I hire two bodyguards. They are under strict instructions not to inflict harm on anybody - UNLESS it may harm my well being. All I can say is that they've followed my instructions.

I'm a ghost. I leave false trails. I'm purposely vague and I pay my people very well.

That may well be. You may have noticed yourself that you kind of fall in and out of love with Thailand. My point is it is a far more dangerous place than say 2005 for example. Having bodyguards removes a lot of complications - basically no one wants to fuck with you - and the people that do are easily identifiable. Not to mention the political connections. It's not cheap, but I find it workable - having said that I'm incredibly disenchanted by Thailand at the moment.

Whether or not they are ex-army SAS, active police colonels, etc. etc. - like I say there is an active political connection, and if you don't have the wit to work that out - then I'm sorry you're shit out of luck, I worked it into my teaching contract - what is more is that they are extremely confidential.

You are correct that you need a certain level of arrogance to be a surgeon. You are after all directly manipulating peoples lives - hopefully in a good way.

As I explained, I like to drink and sometimes that gets me into trouble - bodyguards remove that risk, but add more value. Having an active bodyguard working solely for your interests does magic in Thailand - particularly in the current political situation. It's all about finding a happy compromise - something most people can't comprehend.

I'm actually very good at what I do. I never practice under the influence. In my career I've saved numerous lives - too many to mention. If I come across as arrogant, then my apologies - I try to be modest, my courtesy is a problem that rains down on me when I'm drinking - I feel god like on the bottle. All I see, all I move, show my self. I'm the very Jekyll and Hyde.

We can forget about this dismal world, because I'm on the bottle again natch!