London - Two Terrorist Attacks

Coss

I do like the British approach and how swiftly they put an end to things. Eight minutes from start to perps shot dead.

Downside is they were all on a watch list. Maybe being on a watch list should justify incarceration :dunno:

• Like 1

To all, no-one singled out.

All this why? talking piffle, why? because ever since mankind got numerous enough to have two tribes, we've been killing each other.

If you haven't read Robert Ardrey - African Genesis, you should: Link (also The Territorial Imperative, The Social Contract, and The Hunting Hypothesis.)

This posits, and in my mind proves, that we are not the innocent babes, that would do nobody any harm, if we were not taught how to. We are animals and thus we do behave...

I don't like it, I like a peaceful life, but we are what we are. Society has done a reasonable job of teaching us not to kill each other, but we are born killers, we are animals that can extemporise....

• Like 1

I like the guy running carefully so his beer won't spill - yes it's funny, but it shows how stoic Londoners are.

Have you seen the price of Beer in London nowadays its about £4.00 a pint, us Englishmen take our Beer very seriously

"Allah Akubar, death to all Infidels" .... "Excuse me my good chap, will you at least let me finish my pint first"

• Like 2

I do like the British approach and how swiftly they put an end to things. Eight minutes from start to perps shot dead.

Downside is they were all on a watch list. Maybe being on a watch list should justify incarceration :dunno:

Bust,

The number of ARV's (Armed Response Vehicles) on the streets of London and other Major UK Cities is amazing, it is reckoned that any incident there will be an ARV within 5 Minutes of the scene.

And they did not go in Blind, remember the UK has more CCTV than anywhere in the world, as soon as reports of the incident came in you can rest assured that every CCTV camera would have been on the Big Screens at Scotland Yard and the Commanders were giving the ARV a running commentary whilst they were en-route, they knew exactly the scene and what to expect.

As you correctly say, they were on a watchlist and if I was MI5 I would be well pissed of of why do we make lists of "People of Interest" if the Government is too soft to act upon it.

Baa99

I am not saying raid every mosque, arrest people for wearing a Dishdab of a Hajib, make them all wear a Cresent Moon badge of dishonour we have moved on since Hitler, but I am saying that POI should be brought in for questioning, you don't make it onto MI5 watchlist if you are not dodgy in some way.

There are over 5 Million Muslims in the UK of which probably 99.9% are law abiding honest decent people, it is the 5.000 or 0.1% to which internment should apply, it would not divide communities. As I have previously stated I have numerous British Muslim friends and this is what they want

Bubi

We have disagreed on most things in the past, no problem we are both opinionated adults, your opinion does not make you wrong just as mine does not make me such.

Thanks for your support on this issue, see you are not a bad lad after all

• Like 1

In this context surely Muslim only faith schools can`t be a good idea.I mean ,what is the point of making kids study and memorise the Koran for several hours every day ? How will that help them in modern Britain ? Somewhere along the line it seems to have become accepted that the UK must become a " Multi-cultural " society. Why ? Nobody voted for this. If I want to experience other cultures I can go abroad and see it first hand. The problem now is there are thousands of these extremists - too many to keep track of.

• Like 3

A colleague years ago from Pakistan told me the US should help fund Pakistan's schools, if they wanted to change things, and not just provide military aid. He said there weren't enough public schools to handle all the children, so poor families sent their sons to the madrasas - were they were indoctrinated and turned into radicals. (He was a rather unreligious and said he was only a Muslim because he was raised as one. He'd shoot pool and drink beer with the rest of us.)

• Like 1

Any religious education should be stopped frankly. The worst youth in the village I lived in were the Christian school ones (drunks and drug addicted). The village is part of the Dutch bible belt. Most follow the most extreme version n this village no tv etc allowed. And washing your car on a sunday meant evil looks from them. Sundays they always went to the church all in black many women even with black veils :p

• Like 1