Airport Insult: Bangkok’S Suvarnabhumi Lands On List Of World’S Worst Airports

Flashermac

Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport appeared on a recent list of the 10 worst airports in the world.

The new study, released Monday by airline customer compensation firm Airhelp, takes into consideration reviews from passengers regarding customer service, security, comfort, check-in, user experience, and quality of facilities at 76 airports around the world.

Suvarnabhumi ranked 9th out of the ten worst airports. Kuwait Airport was at the very bottom of the list, followed by London’s Gatwick, Manchester, New Jersey’s Newark, London’s Stansted, Edinburgh, Mumbai, Dubai, and Delhi.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Singapore’s Changi was rated as the best airport, followed by Munich, Hong Kong, Copenhagen’s Kastrup, Helsinki’s Vantaa, Cincinnati, Barcelona’s El Prat, Madrid’s Adolfo Suarez-Barajas, Auckland, and Frankfurt.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/airport-insult-bangkoks-suvarnabhumi-lands-list-worlds-worst-airports/

I say they're full of shi'ite.

https://www.airhelp.com/en/airhelp-score/airport-ranking/

I usually head straight to the lounge at Swampy so never really hung around. Arrival time always plays a huge factor. I have arrived a 4.00 pm and walked straight through. Have arrived at 1.00 am and taken over an hour at immigration.

Not sure how KL ranked so high :dunno:

Swampypoom is NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD as O'Hare.

You want to see a mess at Immigration, try O'Hare or DFW.

Now, admittedly, I routinely get the priority lines at Swampy, presumably because I am old, grey, and walk with a cane. But STILL... I see MUCH worse lines at DFW.

(Now, I've only seen Immi at O'Hare once. ONCE WAS ENOUGH! O'Hare was OBVIOUSLY not designed for anything as big as a 777, never mind two 777s landing at the same time.)

Dubai is a shopping center not an airport

Madrid is a nightmare for transfers

Manila should have been on the list as worst airport

In short I disagree with many.

Frankfurt is certainly not one of the best airports

The problem is with these surveys many are filled out by people whom fly once a year passing through two airports.

I was approached once by a pollster at HKG airport when she asked how much I flew she said: that is too much we can't use someone like you. Basically all they wanted to poll is people whom fly once a year whom are easily impressed

• Like 1

Dubai is too big and really long walks. Great when it was small. I like KL and how it sits in the middle

That's poor design for transfers, but a great design for duty free shopping! :neener: Should have an in-terminal tram like Detroit. That would cut the maximum walk in one fourth.

Not surprised it's finally shown up on lists - I've been disappointed since day one (well, day three, actually - first arrival at the new airport for me was 30 September 06). They've tried to make improvements since then (add-on A/C units everywhere, for one), but for a big showpiece project for a tourist mecca, not exactly what they should have hoped for.

I got no problems with Delhi - seems to work for me, and I like the outdoor smoking area more than the usual cloudy traps. Kuwait Airways biz lounge has better food than a lot of others, even if overall the whole thing is not so great. But yeah, weird lists.

• Like 1