Man Offered 10 Percent Discount For Finding Cockroach In Dim Sum

Flashermac

A Thai man said he was offered a 10 percent discount at a famous dim sum joint in Bangkok after they accidentally served a steamed cockroach with his food.

On Sunday, Facebook user Hongtae P. Bodin posted a picture of a giant cockroach lying dead in his dim sum, explaining this happened at his go-to restaurant, Chokdee Dimsum on Sathupradit Soi 35.

“We found a cockroach this big, so we refused to pay, but the employees gave us 10 percent discount.

They said if they had let us eat for free, the employees would have to pay for our food themselves,†Hongtae wrote.

Hongtae added that the employees admitted it was their fault for forgetting to “tap on the steamers†to get rid of all the bugs.

“This is extreme. This is end of Chokdee Dimsum for me. I’ve eaten here many times. I love it. It’s cheap and delicious,†Hongtae wrote.

Chokdee Dimsum has over 20 branches in Bangkok and the surrounding area.

Hongtae later removed the post from his Facebook page. He updated that the manager of the restaurant called to apologize and offered him a voucher.

“The manager said the head of employees had recently received his title and didn’t quite know how to solve problems,†Hongtae wrote today, adding he accepted the restaurant’s solution and decided to delete the post.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/man-offered-10-percent-discount-finding-cockroach-dim-sum/

Gentlemen ,

having been travelling to Siam since about 1996 has made me spend a true fortune on hotels, Isaan homes and things I cannot even remember . Mum broke leg included . Sometimes when reflecting on my activities doubtfulness arises deep inside myself thus darkening my usually positive ways of thinking .

It is when I read about dramas of the cockroach type that I collapse right away falling on the floor and almost provoke a sudden cardiac arrest due to overwhelming joy . And I know I was right , the Lord in his eternal wisdom has sent me to where life is good . Although lately elsewhere , Pam from Lao lub me too mut and need house in Vientiane . I am a cosmopolitan .

“We found a cockroach this big, so we refused to pay, but the employees gave us 10 percent discount. “This is extreme. This is end of Chokdee Dimsum for me. I’ve eaten here many times. I love it. It’s cheap and delicious,†Hongtae wrote.

I am in tears gentlemen , my thanks go out to Mr Flashermac .