Crackdown On 'beg-Packers'

Steve

Addendum - I just thought I'd mention,that 7 of the variously Japanese, HongKongese and Philippine nurses who attended me, would look stunning working in a Gogo bar. An whilst attentive, none of them looked to be interested in any sexual therapy.

Next time someone has a rant on Immigration being a problem, I'll have at them.

Hi,

"I wonder what percentage of expats in Thailand have health insurance?"

No idea, but I imagine it is small. I have had health insurance for years already though. Luckily only had to use it once (major case of food poisoning last year), but at ~12K / year it gives me piece of mind.

Ex-colleague recently had a triple bi-pass. He has no insurance and ended up paying 300K+ at a government hospital. First quote from a private hospital was 800K.

Sanuk!

Hi,

No idea, but I imagine it is small. I have had health insurance for years already though. Luckily only had to use it once (major case of food poisoning last year), but at ~12K / year it gives me piece of mind.

Ex-colleague recently had a triple bi-pass. He has no insurance and ended up paying 300K+ at a government hospital. First quote from a private hospital was 800K.

Sanuk!

Bangkok Adventist Hospital has the same rating as Bangkok General, but since it's a church run non-profit hospital, it's less than half the price. I got a friend to switch over recently, and he's very happy with "Mission Hospital" (as the Thais call it. He and his Mrs also bought their new glasses there, and he says they are better and only 1/3rd the price of the last pair he got at Bangkok General. Many of the MDs are US trained, and the audiologist is a doc from Whittier, California. It just happens that the U. S. Veterans Administration only recognises "Dr. Nick" for their hearing exams in Thailand.

No need to go to Bamrungrad or Bangkok General for good service. (An MD I know from the States told me he feels Bamrungrad has declined a bit since it began going after the Middle Eastern market. I do know that Bamrungrad double prices for foreigners. I'm not sure about Bangkok General, but Bangkok Adventist definitely does not.)

p.s. I have Medicare and VA, but I can't use either of them outside the USA. :(

Hi,

Sanuk!

For me it is a "No Brainer" but to have Health Insurance, in my homeland they have the NHS National Health Service, everybody pays 9% of there salary up £120 / month as National Insurance payments for Health Care, Social Security etc. I pay a lot less than that for private Health Care when I pay, hehe perk of the Job at present. Boaviet Heath Care, last years renewal cost the company VND75,000,000 approx $3,750 cheap at half the price.

Fortunately I have never needed to use it but Murphy's Law dictates if I didn't have it I would need it. Murphy also said when you drop a slice of toast it lands butter side down, never knock the Irish wisdom!

Our Lass has Private Insurance with AIG which is Global Cover, sets me back approx THB35,000, unfortunately it does not cover Arse Reduction Surgery or sewing up her mouth, trust me I have tried

Bangkok Adventist Hospital has the same rating as Bangkok General, but since it's a church run non-profit hospital, it's less than half the price. I got a friend to switch over recently, and he's very happy with "Mission Hospital" (as the Thais call it.

Bugger the "Mission Hospitals" St Louis on Silom is a big rip off.

For me you cannot beat Bangkok Nursing Home, sounding like an old fart now, just nipping to the nursing home, better known as its acronym BNH. Set up as a non profit making hospital by the Brits over 100 years ago ... Top Notch Hospital

For me you cannot beat Bangkok Nursing Home, sounding like an old fart now, just nipping to the nursing home, better known as its acronym BNH. Set up as a non profit making hospital by the Brits over 100 years ago ... Top Notch Hospital

Oh, hell, that's two things we agree on now. BNH is top notch.

Oh, hell, that's two things we agree on now. BNH is top notch.

We have to stop this, people may think I actually like you haha :neener:

I have a soft spot for BNH, like it saved my life once. At 40 something I had a heart seizure first I knew I was in Intensive Care of BNH with wires attached to the machine that went "BING"

Cause of seizure was ironic, I stopped Drinking, I went from a bottle of Mekong Whiskey before sunset (hence the board name) to nothing, the body went into toxic shock, only time I have ever been told by a Quack I need to drink.

The reason why I coughed up >$7000 to go through detox program at BNH, the hardest part of Detox is admitting one has a problem, once that bridge is crossed the rest is easy relatively speaking. Best money I ever spent. The problem with alcohol is the fact that it is legal and, for me, affordable bad combination says a man whom used to have a $1,000 per week coke habit when in the States many moons ago.

Only two things we agree upon? Probably a lot more but don't tell this forum hehe