Jump to content


Crackdown On 'beg-Packers'


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#11 Pretendingtobemale

Pretendingtobemale

    Pooh-Bah

  • Board Sponsors
  • 1900 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:53

Flash - I qualify for the retirement visa in Thailand as it's accepted to provide an embassy issued Stat Dec, stating how much you earn or have in savings. The Australian Embassy doesn't care what you write down, all a Stat Dec is the Embassy saw you write it down, it's not "proof" of funds or any of the information you write. However Thailand doesn't seem to notice that so I always wonder who would leave 800K in a bank, when a stat dec from a friendly embassy does the same trick.

I'm speaking on experience as the local place that does my Visa would love to issue me a retirement VIsa, and keep offering me,  as they are allowed too, however I only want a marriage visa, as I work, so that needs to go to another office to process.
לעבן צו פּאַלעסטינע

#12 Pretendingtobemale

Pretendingtobemale

    Pooh-Bah

  • Board Sponsors
  • 1900 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:03

Some of the girls are quite cute from the photo's - I'd give 1000 baht to fuck them. Love to have the boyfriend watch,

Hey, I'm fucking your girl so you can travel the world for free! Excellent!, Thanks Mate!
לעבן צו פּאַלעסטינע

#13 radioman

radioman

    Pot Licker

  • Board Sponsors
  • 3078 posts
  • LocationBangkok - mostly

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:24

View PostPretendingtobemale, on 24 July 2017 - 10:03, said:

Some of the girls are quite cute from the photo's - I'd give 1000 baht to fuck them. Love to have the boyfriend watch,

Hey, I'm fucking your girl so you can travel the world for free! Excellent!, Thanks Mate!

Been there, done that, almost, no boyfriend involved though. She was Italian, not so much a beg packer as just realised it was a cool way to make enough cash to enjoy the lifestyle. Why give it away when it still sells. Good deal for me too, she was a fine piece and we had a great 2 nights then she moved on.
S.H.I.T
Shit Happens In Thailand. It's a recursive acronym.

#14 radioman

radioman

    Pot Licker

  • Board Sponsors
  • 3078 posts
  • LocationBangkok - mostly

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:25

I thought the statutory declaration was now history, has to be funds in a Thai bank and with docs to show it's there as of submission date and has been the requisite time.

Tell me I'm wrong and a stat dec is all that's required?
S.H.I.T
Shit Happens In Thailand. It's a recursive acronym.

#15 Flashermac

Flashermac

    Curmudgeon

  • Board Sponsors
  • 53996 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:15

View PostPretendingtobemale, on 24 July 2017 - 09:53, said:

Flash - I qualify for the retirement visa in Thailand as it's accepted to provide an embassy issued Stat Dec, stating how much you earn or have in savings. The Australian Embassy doesn't care what you write down, all a Stat Dec is the Embassy saw you write it down, it's not "proof" of funds or any of the information you write. However Thailand doesn't seem to notice that so I always wonder who would leave 800K in a bank, when a stat dec from a friendly embassy does the same trick.

I'm speaking on experience as the local place that does my Visa would love to issue me a retirement VIsa, and keep offering me,  as they are allowed too, however I only want a marriage visa, as I work, so that needs to go to another office to process.


The US embassy is the same way, which really pissed off the Brits (who have to prove it). But lately I've been hearing that some immigration offices aren't accepted the embassy statements. Also, if you travel outside the country quite often, they pretty much figure that you're not really retired and may reject it. (This happened to someone we both know.)

p.s. I was on a marriage visa for years, but if you're not working the retirement visa is a lot easier.
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

#16 Flashermac

Flashermac

    Curmudgeon

  • Board Sponsors
  • 53996 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:20

View Postradioman, on 24 July 2017 - 10:25, said:

I thought the statutory declaration was now history, has to be funds in a Thai bank and with docs to show it's there as of submission date and has been the requisite time.

Tell me I'm wrong and a stat dec is all that's required?


I've been hearing conflicting stories. But as a  Brit, you might be approved, since the UK embassy insists on proof of income. Some other embassies don't, considering themselves similar to a notary public. They simply verify that you say you have that much income. Also, while Chaeng Wattana still seems to be accepting it, some other offices around Thailand apparently aren't. TIT
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

#17 pasathai1

pasathai1

    old hand

  • Members
  • 1509 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 13:47

and no travel insurance
De Gaulle  
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant

#18 Mekong

Mekong

    City Slicker

  • Board Sponsors
  • 10390 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 14:28

Come on Guy's cut to the chase

I would be very happy in my Home Country insisted that anyone under 50 had £10,000 or £20,000 if over 50 years old to get a visa. UK is £18,500 for a spouse visa (Joint Income)

OK, I am a selfish prick who happens to have over and above the 400 / 800K requirements, so what I would never even consider retiring on what I spend in 6 Months .

The reason why the requirements for a Single Male are more than a Married Man maybe because a Married Man does not go Whoring and can get services at "Thai Prices"   due to his spousal assistance.

Yes, I am an asshole to most, previously stated on here the drop dead is 1 Million USD or 1 Million THB Per Annum for time left in this world, even a certain NZ Thaicenteic webmaster agrees with me on this, like today 1 Milo would be worth Jack Shit in 20 years time when I would be a young 73. years of age, I would be skint

Now if any of you think the reason I am in Vietnam is for wellbeing can fuck off, here to make money end of, It is crap it truth be known but banking it, I am getting past my "Sell By Date" or "Shelf Life" and still skint haha.
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

#19 Stickman

Stickman

    sheep shagger

  • Members
  • 1783 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 21:57

View PostMekong, on 24 July 2017 - 14:28, said:


Yes, I am an asshole to most, previously stated on here the drop dead is 1 Million USD or 1 Million THB Per Annum for time left in this world, even a certain NZ Thaicenteic webmaster agrees with me on this, like today 1 Milo would be worth Jack Shit in 20 years time when I would be a young 73. years of age, I would be skint


Yep, a million greenbacks would be perfect, or a bank balance of xx million baht where xx equals the maximum number of years one reasonably expects to live.  (So if you're 50 and expect to live to 88 i.e. another 38 years, a bank balance of 38 million baht should be adequate.)

What I don't get with the guys working year after year in Thailand is that for most, saving a million dollars from working in Thailand is just not going to happen.  In the West, you would generally earn more but just as important, buying a property, living in it and selling it 20 or 30 years later may realise a good chunk of the number you need to retire.  OK, so property prices don't appreciate greatly in every country but the general trend is that property values go up over time.  I know here in New Zealand that most home owners i.e. those who are mortgage-free, could sell their property, move to Thailand and have enough to live out the rest of their days.

#20 Flashermac

Flashermac

    Curmudgeon

  • Board Sponsors
  • 53996 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:26

Jeez, you guys spend 34 million baht a year?  :surprised:


p.s. My family's home in the States is worth something over US$2 million.  If we sold it, I guess I'd be skint in no time. Most folks I know in the US would be happy if they owned their own home and had $100,000 in the bank.
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users