No More Stickman?

Guy Himmaparn

I can't help feeling a bit sad, since the Stickman site is irreplaceable. Stick speaks fluent Thai and knows about more than just the nightlife. For example, his coverage of the Bangkok protests was informative without taking sides. Stick's site has been more like a window on Thailand than just a look at the nightlife. His interviews often rivaled Bernie Trink's, and his feuds were fun to follow. Hopefully, he will turn his knowledge into producing a book or two on his time in Bangkok. I, for one, would love to see it.

• Like 1

I will admit that I have be one of Sticks most outspoken critics over the years, but he has always been taciturn in his replies to which he is due my utmost respect for.

I concur with Flash, in recent years the "Stickman Weekly" has become more of an insight into Life in (or out for the past 2 years) of Thailand than a pure nightlife exclusive and I have been actually nodding my head in agreement with some of what Stick has been saying recently. (Some not all mind)

Stick, you have your reasons to stop your weekly column, and I sure I represent many is saying I don't blame you, at the end of the day, to use a Thai Saying "You Need to Put Rice In Your Bowl" and I repeat your decision to pull the plug when you have.

Who the bloody hell can I disagree with on a Monday Morning from here on in .... Best of luck in what the future may bring , you have kept me entertained for well over a Decade and I will miss your column.

Musical Ending (I am a cunt for Musical Links)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

I wasnt a super reader of your columns. But the few times I did read them over the years they were always great!

Hope you can find an outlet for our talent in writing columns. Maybe one about nightlife or nature or food in New Zealand?

And as we are at it : There has been a mentally somewhat disturbed guy several years ago trying to sink the Stickman ship but later disappeared into China or elsewhere . I don´t think it was Mekong lol . Does anybody know what happened to him ? He was into selling motorcylce lights on ebay .

I wasnt a super reader of your columns. But the few times I did read them over the years they were always great!

Hope you can find an outlet for our talent in writing columns. Maybe one about nightlife or nature or food in New Zealand?

I have to admit that I like the lifestyle of running a website and if I don't do something similar with another website I might find myself scratching my head about what is next. Here I am, sitting in my front room with a view down the street and with mountains in the background which had snow last week. Sometimes the cat comes in and wants to play so I take a break for a few minutes. I can jump from working on the website to reading news websites and it's all done with no-one breathing down my neck telling me what to do. There is no travel to or from my place of work.....and there is a lot to be said for working 10 metres from where you sleep. That said, that all only works if you are successful in monetising your website...

As I said in a previous post and as Khun Sanuk also noted, monetising websites isn't so easy these days....and we've not done a good job of that, so ultimately, I need to think hard about what comes next.

There are efforts being made by the fellow who bought the majority share of the site to seal some sort of deal that would see it continue. If he can manage it, great...but I just don't know if it will happen or not.

As for doing a site on New Zealand, I plan to do something on the region I live in but it will be very Vanilla compared to Stickman! Like most, I eventually bored of the nightlife and given that the last time I had a drink was March (I've just lost the taste for it), I really am not the guy to be writing about the party lifestyle.

And as we are at it : There has been a mentally somewhat disturbed guy several years ago trying to sink the Stickman ship but later disappeared into China or elsewhere . I don´t think it was Mekong lol . Does anybody know what happened to him ? He was into selling motorcylce lights on ebay .

2 years ago, I wrote a follow-up column on what happened to him here : https://www.stickman...-you-cant-hide/

He was a complete dick, and that's an underestimate, but oddly, I read his site more than yours, it was so painful it was fascinating to read, what a turd! Was on here too for a while going on memory.

I've never been a regular reader, I think living here locals tend to know a lot of the gossip etc, where as mates living overseas stay up waiting for it to be published. Mate here in Brissie was a regular Trink reader, now Stickman, and next week he will be devastated. He likes the intelligence behind both writers, yes, that's a nice complement.

I did win a meal for spot the photo once, never claimed it, wahhhh

2 years ago, I wrote a follow-up column on what happened to him here : https://www.stickman...-you-cant-hide/

Thanks for that, fascinating read.

I've enjoyed your site over the years

And I looked at FilipinoCupid, purely out of curiosity of course, and discovered that the "round" eye look

153475608_8502c75de1_o.jpg

This one...

Is alive and well in the Phillipines.