No More Stickman?

Guy Himmaparn

And as we are at it : There has been a mentally somewhat disturbed guy several years ago trying to sink the Stickman ship but later disappeared into China or elsewhere . I don´t think it was Mekong lol . Does anybody know what happened to him ? He was into selling motorcylce lights on ebay .

He became POTUS! :neener:

Always enjoyed your columns, and site, and you helped me out when first coming to LOS with good advice.

Am a binge reader so catch up on a month, or two, at a time, always good.

Good Luck with anything you attempt.

Best of luck for the future, Sticks.

I've been following your site since around 2000 when I was planning to move over to Thailand the following year. I appreciated that you always responded to my emails for advice back then and even a few in recent years. I've also had the pleasure of contributing a few things to your site.

As well as writing, I see your real talents are with photography and I can see that this is something you really love to do. Maybe, if you can, you could publish a book containing some of your best ones of Thailand. I think your photographs caught many aspects of the night-life - as well as everyday life - which no one else has come close to doing. The night-life photos are especially unique in that respect.

If such a book was published, I for one would definitely purchase it. :-)

Anyway, good luck with whatever you plan for the future.

• Like 1

2 years ago, I wrote a follow-up column on what happened to him here : https://www.stickman...-you-cant-hide/

Then there were the loonies from another message board who decided it would be fun to get some of us thrown out of Thailand! They went after KS, Stickman ... and apparently me (but instead frightened the daylights out of a Canuck who wrote for Nanapong and thought it was him). They went so far as trying to get us fired from our jobs, posting pics etc. Some IT swots put a stop to that by tracking them do and identifying them, threatening to give them they same treatment if they continued.

Can't say that life hasn't sometimes been an adventure here in Thailand. :surprised:

p.s. They'd also tried to get the police to raid the Nanapong dance contests, failing to understand that the Nanapong guys had "friends" in the police dept. ;)

• Like 3

Then there were the loonies from another message board who decided it would be fun to get some of us thrown out of Thailand!

I'm not so sure that they started it. There were people on the Nanapong board, with an holier than thou attitude, that tried to tell other bords what they could have for content. One Thai related board was shut down several times and it was a reasonable assumption that Nanapong was behind the closure more often than not. Also thinly veiled death threats were issued on the board. It's not unreasonable to conclude that the aforementioned people were just fighting back and it may in some cases have affected the innocent.

Then why did they go after KS and me? We'd never done a thing to them, and neither had Stickman, who has always been quite inoffensive but became their main target. I remember them discussing on that message board about going after all of us, and not singling out just Nanapong. (One of the main offenders was a bus driver in Perth, and Nanapong had some Australian members. They made a personal call to the guy and "suggested" he stop. He did. Another was in New Orleans, and he got a phone call. You don't mess with people's livelihoods.)

KS could tell you some stories about those folks, if he chose to. They were posting letters on The Nation's website naming real names and places of employment and urging the Immigration police to go after them. Both this site and Stickman went dark for a while. Nanapong never did. If memory serves me, they even tried to ruin a Christmas dinner the board members organised. Is that what you call "just fighting back"?

p.s. I wrote for the Nanaplaza board, but never for Nanapong. And I don't think KS ever went near a single Nanapong event. We were "noncombatants". So was Stickman, who got the lion's share of the attention.

I didn't defend everything they did which should be clear from my ending statement. Many of the members of Nanpong were also members of Nanaplaza so there was no clear distinction between the boards.

Several members did go after people on all Thai related boards, among others me, so I was just pointing out that Nanapong wern't all that innocent that you are trying make them.

I didn't defend everything they did which should be clear from my ending statement. Many of the members of Nanpong were also members of Nanaplaza so there was no clear distinction between the boards.

Several members did go after people on all Thai related boards, among others me, so I was just pointing out that Nanapong wern't all that innocent that you are trying make them.

To the outside reader, without hundreds of days on the ground or years on the forums, Nanaplaza and Nanapong seemed interchangeable, though Nanapong had more lunatics :help:

With a bit of time spent on Nanapong, you realised that it was simply a message tool for a few uber regulars and their hangers on. If anonymous messaging (easily and simply) existed back then, then there would be no Nanapong.