Uk Gov Hmrc / Ni Records

Mekong

Ah okay, I didn't get that.

RM

No Worries mate, I have also been guilty myself in the past of skimming over things, seeing what I thought I saw and jumping to the wrong conclusion.

It is know as the "MANURE" Principal for a reason hunMAN natURE

Remember the Old Adage "Measure Twice, Cut Once?" and old Carpentry term , it also applies to the written and /or spoken work as well as a length of wood.

The difference between AND 'n' OR can make or break contractual disputes as I have found out over the course of my career, supposed to be an Engineer yet a lot of my time is spent all over the contracts with a Magnifying Glass AKA Sherlock Holmes ... hehe keeps the wolf from the door and rice in the bowl, plus I don't need an excuse to be an objectionable cunt so being paid to be so is a bonus.

As Tina Weymouth once sung about WORDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vl1m5FYlAo

You can start Social Security in the US at 65, but it increases if you wait until 70. The government more or less is betting against your longevity. I started at 65 (though still working), while a colleague postponed his to 70. I told him he'd have to live to at least 80 to make up all the payments he could have had between 65 and 70, but he didn't listen. He gambled, got leukemia at 71, and checked out at age 72.

Some times it doesn't pay to be greedy.

So, what's the life expectancy of a male Farang in the LOS? :neener:

You can start Social Security in the US at 65, but it increases if you wait until 70. The government more or less is betting against your longevity. I started at 65 (though still working), while a colleague postponed his to 70. I told him he'd have to live to at least 80 to make up all the payments he could have had between 65 and 70, but he didn't listen. He gambled, got leukemia at 71, and checked out at age 72.

Has it changed? I thought you could start it from age 62 and a few months.

. Actually, you can start collecting SS at age 62. If you wait until age 66, you will receive 25% more and at age 70, you will receive 33% more than you would have at age 62. I'll start collecting at age 66 in 2 years but continue working in my hardwood flooring business (hopefully letting employees do the manual labor part and I'll handle the business part of it). If my health is OK, I'll work at least until age 73, when my son graduates from High school. Then, also if I'm in good health, I'll move back to my house in Chiangmai, with SS, the proceeds from the sale of my paid off house and the proceeds from the sale of my business. I'm certainly not expecting my son or three step kids to support me in my old age. I've seen how they treat their grand mother and have seen several Thai couples about my age treat their mother/mother in law as an unpaid servent.

For sure, most Thai children can NOT be relied upon to help their parents!

I have seen the spoiled, self-entitled Thai children go completely uninterested in their parents.

Better to plan that Thai children won't do jack-all for anyone but themselves! Sad,,,

I think my wife started collecting Social Security when she was 62. She retired at 55 after working 30+ years for a regional utility company. She started receiving company pension at 55 and when she reached 62, she started receiving additional pension from social security.