What's Going On With Korean Airlines?

Flashermac

I'd expect their rates to be lower right now to attract flyers. Instead, their prices on Skyscanner are more expensive than most others - by quite a bit. I may end up going home by another airline this time, hopefully not an American carrier. :(

p.s. Qatar is quite cheap, if you want to go on an adventure. :surprised:

If price is your main consideration, it would be hard to beat China Eastern, particularly from Bangkok. I may use them this winter/Spring to fly lax-cnx, then bkk-lax. The return trip from Cnx has a overnight layover in Hunan. I'd much rather spend that night in Bangkok. The other consideration is China Eastern's poor on time record, in part because the Chinese government controls most air space above China. On my one trip with them, they were on time.

Why would anyone consider flying KAL

Last time I flew with KAL was from Kai Tak to Gimpo back in 1989, fark HK is now Chep Lap Kok and Seoul is Incheon.

Friggin KAL flight popped an engine just before hitting V during a Typhoon and wee ended up 200M + down the slope at end of Kai Tak into the South China Sea, I needed a change of underwear after that experience trust me. Never Again!

I am a frequent visitor to Seoul, in fact I just got back 20 Minutes ago from my last trip, and I swear by VN .. Vietnam Airlines, ya can laugh all you like, VN are top notch round trip Ha Noi to LAX is approx 20,000,000 VND about USD900

We like Eva a lot. If close to good price we always take it, and use their premium economy, I am not small so the extra space/leg room is welcome. We have usually found China Air a good price and no complaints, their premium economy also good.

China Eastern we tried once due to low price, never again for many reasons!!

• Like 1

We like Eva a lot. If close to good price we always take it, and use their premium economy, I am not small so the extra space/leg room is welcome. We have usually found China Air a good price and no complaints, their premium economy also good.

China Eastern we tried once due to low price, never again for many reasons!!

OK, I'll bite. Was it the warm beer served by CE or the indifferent attitude of the stewardesses? I had 4 months from booking to the actual flight to read every negative review of CE (the positive reviews stated that you get what you pay for). I'll admit that I don't like flying through Chinese airspace and didn't appreciate the Chinese person behind me on the flight from Chiangmai to Hunan clearing his throat every 3 minutes and then spitting in a bag. From what I understand, CE customer service is crap, whether you have to call them or deal with them at the airport. Fortunately, there were no problems on my flight, so I had no dealing with them. Besides, the more money that I saved went into repairs at my Chiangmai house, which is the reason that I've gone back 3 times in the last 4 years. The house is now rented, so it's no longer a money pit for me.