What's Going On With Korean Airlines?

Flashermac

Sorry for keeping everyone on pins and needles overnight about the finale of my bag saga. I got to CNX airport this morning at 7:30 and my bag was sitting in the Thai lost luggage. I had some other things to do in town and just got home. Nothing was missing, EXCEPT FOR THE TWO DEWALT CORDLESS BATTERIES. There's a note in Chinese in bag, which I assume explains their position. As they took 13 days to deliver bag, I'm entitled to compensation, which I hope covers the batteries. Now, I'm going to spend 6 hours working on house before going to my village Sunday Night Market. Maybe, they will sell DeWalt batteries at the Sunday Market.

I've still got 10 in my house, some 10 years old and still working (admittedly, I'm only here using them every 12-18 months for two weeks at a time). I usually bring over two every time I come over. They are underpowered for tools like saws all or circular saw or grinder. They work fine for drills and work great with DeWalt worklights (when the electricity goes off).

There used to be a guy in the Old Siam theatre, Ban Moh area, upstairs near the OAP's karaoke pick up joint (doubtless there are others too all over town) who will open up the seemingly sealed battery case and replace the cells. Most of his business was laptop battery packs but he did pretty much anything he could get cells to fit into. Not always the full capacity but good enough to keep them going. I have a couple of Panasonic drill batteries I mean to take over there, not sure if he's still around though.

If I have a choice between whiter smile or more fluoride in toothpaste, I choose fluoride every time. I thought that I had my prescription toothpaste with me in the confiscated piece of luggage, but it only had the empty prescription box. I can't remember if I packed it or decided that I'd buy it when I got to Thailand, with the box helping out. Or, there is a Chinese airport official in Kunming that had cavity problems. I have a full day in Bangkok, with only an appointment at Rutnin hospital (call me old fashioned but I like places that still use the term hospital) for my 4 year eye check up. If I find it, Thai360 will be the only place that I'll post it. By the way, day 2 of antibiotics. I have a full month work schedule when I get home and the last thing that I need is a set back from 2 plane rides lasting 20 hours. I am looking forward to that in and out burger while waiting overnight Thursday at LAX. I actually really used to like Thia food. Not after being married to a Thai and particularly not after two weeks of it.

My final baggage trip report. The 2 bags made it easily back to the U.S., filled with processed foods from Chiangmai that my wife had her sister prepare and bring by my Chiangmai house. No batteries, but then I never bring batteries back into the U.S. Going through Shanghai was terrible. The pricks running the security/x-ray machine looked at my carryon bag 3 times by hand and 3 times by x-ray machine, not explaining what they were looking for. After 25 minutes, they found the old fashioned, heavy, cigar ashtray that I was carrying back to the U.S. And let me through. I'm a cheap person when it comes to airline tickets. Paying more won't get you to your destination any faster but saving money means more money to spend on my Chiangmai house when I get there. However, even I have my breaking point and China/China Eastern has found it. No more flying to Chiang Mai, going through Shianghai to Kunming to Chiangmai, spending the night at Chiangmai. I'll buy a cheaper ticket, going through Bangkok and spend a day there on both sides. I'll send out a certified letter on Monday to the Los Angeles China Eastern office, requesting compensation for losing my bag for more than 7 days. I'll put the amount at around $175-200, and give them 30 days to respond before filing a small claims court lawsuit against them. I'll also involve the U.S. Department of Transportation in filing a complaint. I want to see if the head of the DOT, Eilane Chow will take seriously a complaint filed against her mothercountry. In the meantime, I'll put my experience with China Eastern on as many social media sites as possible. When I think that I've been screwed royally, I'm a very vindictive person.

Good on ya Dean, keep fighting the good fight.

I was once held up at Sydney airport because the moronic Foofs found a camera lens on my Nikon DSLR had what they claimed was Fluorite in the lens coating. They could see and admitted that it was just an ordinary Nikon Lens, but delayed me three hours and only because they phoned ahead, was I allowed to board, my departing, connecting flight.

Flash, I'm having an argument with auto correct, is it lense or lens?