Bangkok Taxi Video

Stickman

An American resident records his battle with a taxi driver on his mobile phone camera after getting in to a cab near Soi Cowboy to go a couple of klicks down the road to Thonglor. The driver gets quite animated at one point.

Not sure this sort of thing is a good idea. This driver is not in uniform, is probably unlicenced and putting pressure on a driver like this could cause them to become unpredictable. That said, people seem keen to help the American passenger when the cab stops.

Not often you get to see the worst of 'Merikans and the worst of Thais in one video :wink:

Worst experience I had in a Bangkok taxi was grabbing one from Nana to Cowboy and about 2 minutes into the trip the driver locked the windows and doors then farted. Was putrid :cussing:

Lose-lose situation. Many taxi now roll down their window to inquire where you want to go to. The majority decline to

take you and drive away.

For me, it is a waste of time to take a video and report them. What will the police do...most likely nothing!

If an incident develops and you and the taxi driver are taken to the police station...most likely they will believe the Thai and

will jam you up!!

Easier to find another taxi.

I can say in the past 20 years I have only had two bad taxi drivers; 1 who had his meter set at twice the fare and the other

took a very long about route just running the meter up.

At the airport, many taxi drivers will negotiate the fare with me, no meter but I live 80 Km from the airport and what we

negotiate has always been less then a meter would have been. I give a good tip and have never had a dissatisfied taxi driver

from the airport.

YMMV

• Like 1

Rule #1 - Never, ever take a parked taxi, especially one in the tourist areas! They are waiting for their prey, like a vulture. I always walk a few blocks and flag down a moving taxi. If the driver gives me any hassle, I wave him on and try another. I've very seldom a problem, but admittedly I always speak Thai with them. This doufas allegedly lives here ... but can't even carry on a simple conversation in Thai? Why the hell not? The first thing you do in any do in any foreign country is learn the absolute minimum of the language needed to get around. A vocabulary of no more than 100 words is enough to cover most situations.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook....xt=0&width=167

No idea why the format is so large. Rink below if anyone cares to educate me :wink:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Frodzingonstreet%2Fvideos%2F1641824359221853%2F&show_text=0&width=267" width="267" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

• 1 month later...