North Korea Has Fired A Missile That Passed Over Northern Japan Today.

Coss

• 2 weeks later...

And Againilly,

North Korea fires missile towards Japan from its capital Pyongyang

The Japanese government has warned its citizens to take shelter after North Korea fired a missile over the country.

It was launched from the Sunan district of Pyongyang, South Korea's military said.

The missile has flown over Japan, Japan's NHK television said, but the government is warning citizens to avoid touching anything that looks like debris

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11922591

The question is ...what will DJT do if KJU launches a missile which lands near Guam ? Maybe the US threat to stop trading with all countries that do business with NK will have some effect on China .

My guess he would conduct extensive military war games in the Korean penninsula, some sabre rattling, calls for more sanctions which has a 50/50 chance of making it out of the UN security counsel and if it does make it out, so what? China has a lot of trade with them and to a lesser extent Russia. America has nothing to combat China trading surreptitiously with them.

N. Korea has been analyzed by the think tanks, etc, by a few administrations. Easy to say you will fix it on a campaign tour..until you have to do it.

There are no 'practical' solutions to stopping N. Korea without China being for it and there is no reason for China to shut them down.

There is a solution (I noted previously) I think that is dicey but could work. All N. Korea is doing is what any power with H bomb or nuke capability acquires it for. Never for offensive purposes. Having the bomb guarantees you won't be invaded. That's it. Lets be real about it. If countries acquired for offensive purposes then why are Pakistan and India still on the map? Why is S. Korea and Japan still on the map? Iran wants it to stop an Israeli/American invasion from happening. I am no fan of iran, I'm not saying that in support. I am saying its the reason why they were developing the bomb. They are surrounded by American bases. I think they have a reasonable fear of being bombed if not invaded by land. Having a bomb negates that threat. A professor said that about the acquisition of nukes years ago and I had to agree. And if we use the 'they could give a dirty bomb to terrorists' reason, we have the ability to know where the uranium or plutanium came from down to the specific mine. The technology now is that good. We'd know quickly who gave whom the stuff.

Bottomline DJT has no leverage that doesn't result in Tokyo and Seoul sustaining hundreds of thousands if not millions of dead and injured.

But tell me what other country with nuclear weapons constantly threatens to use them. That is not the way to "win friends and influence people". Neither is blowing up domestic opponents with mortar rounds or anti-aircraft guns. Kim Jong-un is a nutty as a fruitcake. Even Donald Trump looks rational in compariosn.

N. Korea is a nutty country. No denying the Kim family are crazy as bat shit. No denying that. I'll give you that. But why hasn't he used them yet? So, he is waiting till he can reach America proper THEN use them?

And the question still begs. What are we (USA, Japan, N. Korea, etc.) going to do about it? Answer: Jack Schitt. Bomb them? Bomb the site? From what I understand, the Obama administration used cyberwarfare to fuck up previous tests but you can't do that forever.

I think the only way is regime change, which is dicy. China must be involved, internal coup, Kim is killed by generals. Guarantee to China it stays communist or under their sphere of influence. Entice the generals with opened up trade in lieu of missile testing. I can't think of any other way.

>> Bottomline DJT has no leverage that doesn't result in Tokyo and Seoul sustaining hundreds of thousands if not millions of dead and injured.

I Agree, and whilst the USA may still be the top in terms of military power, you can bet China is pretty sure it's gonna be top very soon and for all the same reasons, that America says are the reasons that USA is doing it.

Guarantee world peace, protect the innocent, avenge the persecuted etc...

China takes a long term view and excepting the communist bit recently , has been pretty good at sorting things out over time.

What's often forgotten is that 'modern democracy' has only been around a short time, relatively.

Realpolitik is this. The trend is towards China. China will be able to reach half of America soon by an ICBM. It now has become only the 2nd state to have stealth plane capabilities (albeit off stolen information mostly). Look through some of the biggest economies in the world S. Korea, Japan, Brazil, South Africa, India all have replaced America with China as their biggest trading partner and the EU has China second poised to pass America in the next few years.

America is quickly losing leverage globally. America's economy is part of its political power, moreso than military. When I travel its Chinese tourists that are by far the biggest group.

What has hastened America's decline geopolitically is that it is doing nothing to correct itself. Electing Trump quickens the decline. Clinging to policies that increases a debt that no one expects to ever be repaid as well as social policies that hurt its viability long term. Its a corpocracy not a republic. The CEOs of American mulitnational are American but they are loyal to profits first and foremost and the pursuit of that even if it damages the long term viability of America is what is currently taking place. Roughly 2/3 of personal bankruptcies pre Obamacare were due to medical expenses. There is no repeal and replace. Its repeal and go back to having the medical/health industry bleed Americans with overpriced medicine and health care, if we are honest.

There is nothing America can do about the man made islands China is erecting. There is no military option, there is no economic weapon, there are limited political options since the islands having issues with it (Philippines, Vietnam, etc.) all rely on China for their trade.

The only opening is that China will have massive economic downturn at some point in the not too distant future. The problem for America is that if it will affect America as well. So, America will not be able to maximize this opening.

China and Russia sense weakness in America. The political divide is so wide, it keeps America from focusing on fixing endemic problems vital to its future.

Rocket boy spits tacks:

>>North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has reacted angrily to President Trump's speech at the United Nations General Assembly, calling it "unprecedented rude nonsense".

The North Korean leader said he will make the US President "pay dearly for his speech calling for totally destroying" North Korea.

"I am now thinking hard about what response he could have expected when he allowed such eccentric words to trip off his tongue," Kim said in a statement released by the state Korean Central News Agency, which also published a photo of the North Korean leader sitting at his desk.

"I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged US dotard with fire."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11925188

See? Dotard ! take that Trumperbelle...