Hooters Is Closing Its Restaurants Because Millennials Aren’T Interested In Breasts Anymore

Flashermac

My only real beef with the place was the remoteness, it may feel a bit more connected these days but early 90's it really did feel a long way away from everywhere else.

It could easily take a 19th century sailing ship more a month to reach NZ from England. It's a wonder that any settlers were willing to make such a long journey. Australia's earliest settlers had little choice in the matter, but NZ was never a dumping grounds for the unwanted.

Not to worry, the USA has plenty. We're sending you a ship load to correct your deficiency. :hubbahubba:

One hopes you can find a US ship that sails, in the right direction and avoids other ships on it's way.

I even enjoyed Palmerston North,

The locals are touchy about Palmerston North https://teara.govt.n...37117/mt-cleese

I grew up in Auckland.....

Yes

NZ was never a dumping grounds for the unwanted.

Early on, before the Britts had properly established, NZ was full of whalers, and other ne'er-do-wells, at one time Pahia was known as the whorehouse of the south pacific, but of course all that's legal now, compliments of feminism.

• Like 1

What is wrong with Christchurch?

At age 30 I was offered a great job there, I used to visit Christchurch often from Australia, stunning small city that had a big university population, so great music and clubs, great food, stunning scenery.,

BUT - I knew taking that very very good job, with security until I was retirement age, that the job would mean I would never live overseas or adventure again. Far far to secure.

So I declined.

I went back to Christchurch last year after 20 years away,

What a sad fucking shithole! What was stunning has been destroyed by multiple earth quakes.

Close the place down now before it slips into the sea.

So sad. My fav city became a dump

Was there on Christmas and Boxing days last year. Very eerie. I liked some of the efforts artist made to lift the city's spirits in the aftermath. Pleased to see one of my favorites Sydney artist's piece. Also the white chairs, one for every life lost.

post-6949-0-59850700-1505007980_thumb.jpg

post-6949-0-47983500-1505007996_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...