Sign in to follow this  
bust

Swampy Transfer

Flying into Swampy later this month but have a flight booked on a different airline to Singapore about 3 hours later.

Procedure?

Will I need to pass through immigration to collect my bag then check in again and go through immigration to board my flight?

I have been getting mixed responses.

It's called transfer

Should be possible to have your bags checked through to your final destination if you show all the flight details at check in.

You may need to get onward boarding pass at swampy.

You should not go through immigration at swampy, just via security from arrival to departure after any visit to the transfer desk if your onward airline.

It's called transfer

Should be possible to have your bags checked through to your final destination if you show all the flight details at check in.

You may need to get onward boarding pass at swampy.

You should not go through immigration at swampy, just via security from arrival to departure after any visit to the transfer desk if your onward airline.

And there lies the problem, different airlines so it is not a transfer.

A friend from immigration has told me I should go through immigration, collect bag, check in with new airline the head back to immigration and head to Bill Bentley Pub.

i had to get a fast track service to get our onward trip to surabaya with singapore al, it was very tight for time.....great fun zipping along in a buggy and fast track immigration. still had to wait for the luggage of course.

Ok well I've always done different airlines by transferring from one to the other airside. If in the same airline, well then that's transit.