Catalonia Has 'won Right To Independence'

Flashermac

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona it is said, and i am only repeating what I am reading, not my personal knowledge or opinion, but brings in far more money to Spain than it gets back from the central government in resources.

It appears Spain needs Barcelona and Catalan as a whole, badly given Spain's precarious economic strength these days. Spain and Italy are next shakiest economies after Greece.

It seems a no brainer for Barcelona. But is it? The cost of being your own country is very, very expensive. There are a long list of things Catalan has to think about. It may be better economically to stay as part of Spain. A few things to consider. Infrastructure. The electrical grid, etc, has to now be its own and that will cost a lot of money. Embassies around the world now have to be bought and built. The school system, police system, all institutions made into their own, with the appropriate government agencies seems easy but is not. Borders and how to interact with Spain. The migrant issue. Getting into the EU on its own. Its own military and having to house, feed and equip them. Airports, ports, etc.

Its bloody expensive. Likely to operate in debt for a while changing over.