• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Coss

Coss

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 10691 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 19:44

So women are prepared to pay $1,000 NZD for a bag, with a Dinosaur on it, because it has a brand name.

Even though it's made in the same SEA factory that makes the $5 bags found at the local market.

The image may or may not appear, follow the link if you wanna see it

http://www.fwrd.com/...CCABEgLGgfD_BwE

Attached File  Bag.jpg   168.4K   9 downloads
Yes still wanting to be back in Vientiane, swinging in my hammock, supping ice n beer, in the shade of my Cashew tree.

#2 panadolsandwich

panadolsandwich

The carnival that rolls downhill

• Members
  • 919 posts
  • LocationBrisVegas

Posted 14 November 2017 - 00:17

You clearly don't understand fashion.  And a note to the designers - where's the monocle and the top hat?

#3 Flashermac

Flashermac

Curmudgeon

• Board Sponsors
  • 53995 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:04

:tophat:

p.s. I want to bring back the days of slim bodies and no bras!
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

#4 panadolsandwich

panadolsandwich

The carnival that rolls downhill

• Members
  • 919 posts
  • LocationBrisVegas

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:21

Yes!  Those halcyon days...  Where you could eat lobsters the size of boats on the idyllic shores of Ban Talay.  And you could champion your companions health with a bottle of the finest pinot noir whilst you very confidently stroke your extremely fit girlfriend's mid riff and reflect on the pointlessness of life...

#5 Flashermac

Flashermac

Curmudgeon

• Board Sponsors
  • 53995 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:25

I thought the point of life was to try to get through it as well as you could and survive to the end.
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

#6 Coss

Coss

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 10691 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:59

View PostFlashermac, on 14 November 2017 - 03:04, said:

:tophat:

p.s. I want to bring back the days of slim bodies and no bras!

indubitably
Yes still wanting to be back in Vientiane, swinging in my hammock, supping ice n beer, in the shade of my Cashew tree.

#7 Mekong

Mekong

City Slicker

• Board Sponsors
  • 10387 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:31

View PostCoss, on 10 November 2017 - 19:44, said:

So women are prepared to pay $1,000 NZD for a bag, with a Dinosaur on it, because it has a brand name.

I wish it was so Cheap

Our lass just popped USD3,500 on the latest, must have, cant be seen dead without, Louis Vuitton handbag

If that wasn't enough, My shoes don't match my bag, New Shoes, My Dress doesn't match my bag, New Dress, My Glasses don't match my bag (not joking) new glasses  

And she nags me for 150THB on a Pint of Tiger

At times you know when it is time to Shut Up, say "Yes my Dear" and smile through the grimace
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

#8 Coss

Coss

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 10691 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 18:41

Yep, fashion is perception, The only thing so god awful it has to be changed every year .. I'll always remember Penn and Teller,showing a real big diamond and an identical fake diamond to people on the streets of New York.

The women, when they didn't know, which was which, would choose the real one about 50% of the time and the fake 50% of the time, about what you'd expect for chance.

But when they were asked afterwards, which one they would prefer , 100 % said the real one, despite not knowing which one it was.

#9 Coss

Coss

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 10691 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 18:44

I got a good laugh in the "duty" free shops on the Lao border at the bridge with Long Khai, once.

MLG and friends were comparison shopping for Gucci fake handbags.

Yes they knew that they were all fake, but apparently there is a hierarchy amongst fakes that needed to be adhered to when buying a knock off.

And.. a Thai princess has once visited one of the shops and that made the fake handbags therein, much better that the fake handbags next door, though identical to my untrained eye.

#10 Coss

Coss

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 10691 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 18:45

Vanity thy name is woman.

And a clean sugar sack, is all you need when truly poor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users