New Zealands 'nightmare' Exit From World Cup

panadolsandwich

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/99021898/new-zealand-league-hits-rock-bottom-at-world-cup-exit

In comparisons with the All Blacks disastrous 2007 season where they choked in the World Cup quarterfinals after not losing for quite a lot - comparisons now of eggs in one basket, eggs on the face darken the doorstep of what will probably be the darkest hour of New Zealand Rugby League.

The recriminations are building, the tears are real, there's going to be hell to pay if you're in an Australian office on Monday - as punters will find innumerable ways to pay our Anzac cousins out - in what promises to be a rich gold seam to mine.

And I can't stop laughing my head off.

It's such a shame too. I've had several Kiwis work for me, and they tend be smart, resourceful, hard working. But then once the pressure is on they do this funny thing which I have great difficulty understanding - they'll get flustered, forget the simplest most rudimentary things. You could say to the guy look just pick up the ball and run down the paddock like you did so well last week, and he'll be like, 'what's a ball?'.

All eyes go to the All blacks who must be feeling the pressure as they face a nothing to lose reinvigorated Scotland side that would think nothing of trouncing them while they fumble for the ball like a rat caught in the headlights of a Scottish terrier driving a B-Double truck with racing stripes. Game on!

All eyes go to the All blacks who must be feeling the pressure as they face a nothing to lose reinvigorated Scotland side that would think nothing of trouncing them while they fumble for the ball like a rat caught in the headlights of a Scottish terrier driving a B-Double truck with racing stripes. Game on!

All Blacks did just fine against Scotland which is more than can be said for the Wallabies against England....and the world's biggest sore loser, Michael Cheika did the wild thing again.

• Like 1