Andrew Apperley Thailand Death: Inquiry Branded 'medieval'

Coss

An investigation into the death of a British tourist in Thailand has been branded "medieval" by a coroner.

Sussex coroner Alan Craze made the criticism at the inquest into the death of Andrew Apperley, whose body was found on the island of Koh Phangan.

Thai investigating officer Suteep Chadakan had given Mr Apperley's cause of death as asphyxiation by drowning.

But Mr Craze said the cause of death was unascertained because of poor information provided to him.

Mr Apperley was reported missing after failing to return to his hotel following a Full Moon party in February. His body was found four days later.

At the hearing in Eastbourne, Mr Craze also said a toxicology report carried out by the Thai authorities was "medieval".

Because of the extent the body had decomposed by the time British pathologists could carry out their own examination, they were unable to find a clear cause of death, the court heard

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-42014114?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.com/news/topics/c77jz3md4vdt/thailand&link_location=live-reporting-story

Your next Holiday?

_94870148_270217thailand-2.jpg

Oh and on another vein of safety in LOS, I've been speaking to some blokes who've been going to Patters and Bkk over the years and they're telling me that even in supposedly reputable Gogo bars, they've been refused change from their 1,000 bht note when paying for a 240 bht beer, threatened with bouncers for wanting their change and the overall vibe in these places and in holiday spots is violence and threats.

I dont think I'll be travelling to Thailand any time soon, unless it's to transition to somewhere.

Business is not booming in Thailand. Many businesses in Pattaya have folded.

The rents for a business in Bangkok is now silly money expensive.

The concrete trucks are all over the roads so construction continues.

To comment fully on the actual state of Thailand is unwise....