Tony Abbott Not Happy

bust

Parliament passes same sex marriage

Updated: 6:20 pm, Thursday, 7 December 2017

Same sex marriage is set to be legalised after parliament voted to pass legislation to change the Marriage Act.

The House of Representatives voted in favour of amending the act after a marathon debate.

Quite, I'm for their rights, but now, much as I don't want to see heterosexual marriages pouring out of every media outlet available, swamping real and important news, I don' t wanna see same sex marriages. I'd rather see death and destruction, earthquakes, etc.

I am seeing Death and Destruction on the Sports pages ... England are getting Crucified at Cricket

The Ashes: James Anderson says Australia is bullying England

9197058-3x2-700x467.jpg

broad-340-custom-data.jpg

"Australia were taking the Mickey out of England after the first Test and it was infuriating to listen to and watch," Anderson wrote in UK newspaper The Telegraph.

"But all it did was make us more determined to ensure we come here [Adelaide] ready for a battle.

"A bully waits until they are in the ascendancy to pounce on people. That is what Australian teams do.

"They are quiet when they are not on top, which was the case for the first three days of the Brisbane Test, and then on day four they came alive."

Stump microphones picked up David Warner barking, "You shouldn't headbutt our mates" last Sunday, with Anderson suggesting Australia were deliberately trying to ensure the story got out and disrupt the touring party.

"We knew what they were up to. That is fine, we just leave them to it," Anderson wrote.

"We are not interested in getting involved in any verbal battle or slanging match with them."

Australia wicketkeeper Tim Paine dismissed the notion earlier this week.

"I know England have been saying we only brought it up because we were on top or kept it up our sleeve, which is rubbish," Paine said of the Bairstow sledging.

Anderson wrote that England want to focus on outplaying Australia in the second Test that starts at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, but that he will continue to fire back some verbals.

"Dealing with sledging is an individual thing. For me, I am not going to take abuse from David Warner or anyone else and not have a word back," he wrote.

Anderson complained about bouncer barrage at Gabba

9191174-3x2-700x467.jpg

Meanwhile, Anderson revealed he questioned if Australia's bowling was dangerous during their first Test loss in Brisbane.

He was batting with fellow tailender Jake Ball, who received five straight bouncers.

Anderson told the BBC he spoke to the umpire after two balls went over Ball's shoulder, and a third went close, but the umpire was happy with the bowling.

Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Anderson said conditions for the upcoming day-night Test in Adelaide could suit him.

"We'll have to wait and see what we get on Saturday, but yeah it should be … I guess people think it's going to be a good week for the bowlers but you've still got to bowl well even if the conditions are in your favour," he said.

AAP/ABC

post-6949-0-09294800-1512699251_thumb.jpg