Safety Box In Bangkok

buffalo_bill

Yep, but if I were putting something in a lock up in LOS or Laos, at the very minimum I would put a reputable lock of my own on it.

Better, I would leave it with someone I could trust.

So many times over the years, I've had things of value in LOS and Laos, only to find them stolen.

Even mail and parcels - if the contents were not valuable, they were delivered, if of any value, they never showed up.

Sorry for the Unconstructive comments, but LOS is very high on my list of no trust.

The only place, I've ever had a satisfactory experience in this regard, is the Reception at the Stable Lodge Hotel, Suk Soi 8, wherein three suitcases of my life's most treasured possessions, were held for me, whilst I went to Laos on an exploratory expedition, to ascertain that MLG had reciprocal feelings and such for me.

Cheers

Bubi, it is worth commenting on the previous, of mine...

Once ensconced in Laos and in my second abode, a roller door lock up shopfront apartment of some economical aspect, I had all of my life's treasures and also moto, TV, Computer, iPad,Camera, et al nicked by thieving Laos-based Vietnamese. Whilst visiting Dumsoda for Xmas drinkies.

I may have written about the Laos people's attempts, to emulate the more ineffectual aspects, of the Thai police force's parody of the Keystone Cops.

One is happy to say, that years have moved me on from this traumatic experience, mainly due to enlightenment, bestowed on me by english speaking Lao Monk. In particular, a passage on the impermanence of physical possessions, also 1 Amulet.