Where Is The Real Reporting?

cavanami

There's a lot of ill feeling in the Pacific Islands and here in NZ and even Aussie, over all the nuclear tests conducted in the Pacific by the US and the French, and some by the British in Australia.

We can still detect them, against the background radiation.

And this is not a dig at any Americans on this board, but a long held belief in NZ and Aus, is that the man in the street, in the USA doesn't know much about what goes on, outside the borders of the continental USA.

Cheers

In the USA much is hidden and distorted. I knew there had been nuclear tests but never knew that the natives were exposed to

all the radiation! This is totally criminal!!!

The doco from Pilger covers the tests and the contamination of the natives...and the cover ups and lack of doing much

for the natives, more like hiding it from the natives and lying to them.

All the USA presidents since the tests have done nothing, that I know of to assist the situation....

In the USA much is hidden and distorted. I knew there had been nuclear tests but never knew that the natives were exposed to

The doco from Pilger covers the tests and the contamination of the natives...and the cover ups and lack of doing much

for the natives, more like hiding it from the natives and lying to them.

All the USA presidents since the tests have done nothing, that I know of to assist the situation....

Correct, i cant remember who, but there is one country of Islanders who were translocated to somewhere else, and are not allowed back to their lands, radiation or no.

Also the island where the tests were done (Greenies won't like this) you can still see the huge crater, and detect the radiation, but nature seems to have come back and the coral and fish etc are all thriving in vast good health, albei, the radiation is still there and biologically perhaps, the health of individual fish may not be as good as pre-radiation.

Ahh Bikini Islands

http://theconversation.com/bikini-islanders-still-deal-with-fallout-of-us-nuclear-tests-70-years-later-58567

""In the USA much is hidden and distorted. I knew there had been nuclear tests but never knew that the natives were exposed to

for the natives, more like hiding it from the natives and lying to them.""

Cavanami, just for my tender sensibilities, could you please refer hereinafter to "Natives" as "Indigenous people" or "Island People" or similar?

Cheers

Coss