Chinese Overwhelm Tourist Infrastucture

Flashermac

I was considering flying into Bangkok and out of Chiangmai on my next trip in April. After reading this, I'll reverse the process and spend a day or two in Bangkok at the end of my trip. I'll have to find a good Dentist in CM to replace a lower tooth that got knocked out last March in an industrial accident (part of board kicked off of miter box saw into face). Unless anyone can recommend one, I'll check the CM forum on ThaiVisa.

I'll check them all out. Actually, living a mere 3 hours from Branson and southern Missouri (the meth amphetimine capital in the U.S.), I never really noticed how many people here have missing teeth (until I lost mine). I tried to go the local Dental school route but after 3 visits, they wouldn't commit on how many more visits I would have to make before they would be done. At least, I got a set of ex rays, which shows 3 cavities, which I can also fix here. I'm not overly concerned about the cosmetic side of a missing tooth but am worried about if it got infected. I got 7 inlays 14 years ago in Bangkok and am happy with the results an the price, which has probably gone up considerably in that time. The only reason that I'm coming is that I've got a long term renter for my house and want to meet him in person and discuss what needs to be done at house and what he would like to have done. I think that I'll be over two weeks, so that should be enough time to get the dental work done, whether it's in CM or Bangkok.

I do have one other question. The reason for renting the house is to have the renters money pay for upkeep, and put the rest in my 10 year old's college. I'll be 73 when he starts and it's doubtful I'll be contributing much at that age. How hard it it to convert baht to dollars while in Thailand? I really don't want to wire the money back for tax reasons.