China Thread

Coss

At least one country has good sense.

Coronavirus: Britons on Wuhan flights to be quarantined

Hundreds of British citizens being flown back to the UK from Wuhan on Thursday will be put in quarantine for two weeks on their arrival.

It is believed passengers will be required to sign a contract agreeing to commit to the quarantine period.

It comes as British Airways suspended all direct flights to and from mainland China because of the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51292590

24 minutes ago, radioman said:

Wondering if I should go to Hong Kong next week 🤭

Yes. Equipped with a bag of cheap rubber gloves, to wear all the time everywhere including plane. Plus a bottle desinfection cream which they use in hospitals. Then I would wear a mask just to feel better, not of much use though. Finally assuming you are in generally good condition and not about to die anyway soon. An influenza might be the nail in your coffin otherwise.

A BuBi medical advice

the Chinese economy (as are the other G8 nations) currently have a fragile economy. They are sitting on the biggest housing bubble in the history of mankind of a gargantuan level. This disease and its tangential effects could trigger a recession or a crash. If China has a crash the rest of the world goes with it. America included obviously. 

I know people that work in China who have left for the Chinese new year and can't get flights back or are told their job is vacated for a certain length of time like 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc. 

I'm hearing the size and scope of the government quarantine is on a massive scale. 

Worth a read

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1846734/virus-outbreak-comes-at-the-worst-time

Comparing SARS, Thailand and the state of play in 2003 against the situation today.

I will say that I think the enhanced fear in the current situation is perhaps in large part due to the extended time frame to go from infection to the display of symptoms being up to 2 weeks in this case as opposed to almost immediately with SARS.  Everyone fears the hidden.

It's official! The PRC is trying to kill us all.

The new coronavirus has been declared a global emergency by the World Health Organization, as the outbreak continues to spread outside China.

"The main reason for this declaration is not what is happening in China but what is happening in other countries," said WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.

The concern is that it could spread to countries with weaker health systems.

At least 213 people have died from the virus in China.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51318246

I saw that 20,000 Chinese came to Thailand over the CYN.

An estimated 3% were infected, so about 600 people. Estimated that the infected may infect an average of 5 new people...making for 3,000 now infected
in Thailand...within two weeks.

The infection blossoms from there...and of course China is way under reporting the infections, so this number can increase by 10? 100? 1000?

Expect to see the infection rates grossly increase over the next few weeks!

I heard a doctor talking about quarantine and he let slip, that it might not be as very bad as first thought, less people are dying as a ratio to infected, than first thought. But then Chinese Data? can't trust that...