China Thread

Coss

The world is far more physically connected now than at any point in human history. We have access to each others countries, visas to different places are easier to get The Chinese are now the major tourist globally. 

But my biggest fear is the virus morphing and changing into something easier to move from person to person. That is the big fear. 

6 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Rots o' ruck finding surgical masks in Bangkok. Prayut says there are more than enough, but I don't know where they must be hiding them.

well he's got my mate's 4 containers of them... that should be enough for the high command and their Giks.

A pregnant mother infected with the coronavirus gave birth, and her baby tested positive 30 hours later

THE CENTRAL HOSPITAL OF WUHAN VIA WEIBO /via REUTERS

• A coronavirus outbreak that originated in Wuhan, China, has killed at least 494 people and infected more than 24,000 other people since December.

• So far, the coronavirus has infected very few children.

• A children's hospital in Wuhan said this week that a 30-hour-old infant whose mother has the coronavirus tested positive for the virus too.

• While it's possible that the coronavirus jumped from the mother to the child in the womb, one expert said it was more likely the infant caught the illness after birth.

A 30-hour-old infant born in a children's hospital in Wuhan, China, has become the youngest person to catch the new coronavirus...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pregnant-mother-infected-coronavirus-gave-180500982.html

GOV’T DEFENDS SELLING FACE MASKS TO PUBLIC

As the government rolled out its own stalls selling face masks on Friday, netizens were enraged to discover the price is nearly five times higher than what other health agencies are offering.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/02/07/govt-defends-selling-face-masks-to-public/

I bet they're the 4 containers of them, that my mate had confiscated....

No idea how trustworthy this site is. I certainly hope it's not true.

Chinese Gov Accidentally Releases The Real Data. My Translator Confirms, Corona Kills 1 Of Every 3 Cases, 25,000 Already Dead

It sure is convenient to know someone who can translate Chinese Characters.

The Chinese gov released, I am sure by accident, this real report.     But it is from 7 days ago.

NOTED

1) About half of everyone they test, actually has the Virus
2) Only 0.33% of people have been cured so far  (269 / 79808)
3) It quickly kills about One-Third of the people who get it

http://www.efreenews.com/a/chinese-gov-accidentally-releases-the-real-data-my-translator-confirms-corona-kills-1-of-every-3-cases-25-000-already-dead?fbclid=IwAR10XiS9bxG6uy05hu0-m6-qKYooJXFy-5yZnsi7igq-lIa30UEPkSygOHk

Annotated from an email response.

8669a6e786ae09d07f688b461314f8af.png

7 hours ago, Coss said:

GOV’T DEFENDS SELLING FACE MASKS TO PUBLIC

As the government rolled out its own stalls selling face masks on Friday, netizens were enraged to discover the price is nearly five times higher than what other health agencies are offering.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/02/07/govt-defends-selling-face-masks-to-public/

I bet they're the 4 containers of them, that my mate had confiscated....

There is definitely a shortage, but I bought a few masks at Mission Hospital for 5 baht each!  Earlier I'd bought PM 2.5 masks at Tops grocery for 19 baht for two. 

Thai health minister ‘sorry’ for saying ‘f*cking farangs’ without masks should be kicked out.

Thailand’s top health official apologized for using a vulgarity to disparage white tourists Friday morning and demand they should be kicked out of the country.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Friday afternoon apologized for his enraged comments during a photo op this morning at which he was handing out face masks and noticed some foreigners refusing them. 

He told reporters that “farangs,” a catch-all term for white tourists, should be deported for not wearing masks during the current coronavirus outbreak.

“These fucking farangs. These farang tourists. The embassies should be notified and the public should be informed too. We are giving away the masks, but they refused to take them. They need to be kicked out of Thailand,” Anutin said while giving an interview to the media at BTS Siam, where the media had been invited to film him personally hand out masks to commuters.

“The Chinks, Asian people, they all take the masks. But those Europeans… how frustrating,” he continued.

In his online apology, he said the foreigners “showed disgust at Thais.”

“I apologize that today I kinda ‘lost myself’ to some Europeans who showed disgust at Thais who wear masks and refused to cooperate to wear the masks,” he wrote on Facebook.

Anutin is the head of the Bhumjaithai Party, which came to power by backing legal cannabis and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha.

Thai officials have been playing down the extent of the outbreak which has led to at least 25 confirmed infections in the kingdom, an increasing number of which are locally transmitted as the virus spreads. None has involved any tourists of European ancestry.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/kick-fcking-farangs-out-of-thailand-for-not-wearing-masks-health-minister/?fbclid=IwAR3zrWSrFLWYTNsZXHau-IRM0EJ80BH1Wac2oY1Hs3Wb3_HnxCNKK4RDQ58

83562875_1280721252114091_3407735436146114560_o-960x540.jpg

15 hours ago, Flashermac said:

If this is the case, then why has there only been one death among those outside the PRC? 

Valid point, and also, if the "my Translator" was correct, millions of people who can translate into english, would have seen this and confirmed...

Also this "http://www.efreenews.com" appears to be shite, Hysterical and Trumpanzee articles mainly.

15 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Thai health minister ‘sorry’ for saying ‘f*cking farangs’ without masks should be kicked out.

One more reason to keep my money out of Thailand, I will now resolve to only spend money LOS,  in transit to Laos.

And in any necessary rest stops in Cowboy &c. As to the rest of Thailand, I will bring my own food from outside the country, hell  I am able to bring my own woman, should I so choose...