China Thread

Coss

Authorities in China's Henan province say they will start releasing money to customers who have had their funds frozen by several rural banks.

The announcement came just a day after a rare protest in Henan's capital, Zhengzhou, turned violent.

Payments will be made in batches from this Friday, local regulators say.

The four banks that were the focus of the protests are believed to have frozen a total of 39bn yuan ($5.8bn; £4.9bn) of deposits.

Full Story

23 hours ago, Mekong said:
On 7/12/2022 at 7:44 AM, Coss said:

related: keen observers will note that the people in Sri Lanka, have removed their government.

I must be one of those keen observers of which you speak Link

Sri Lankan president Gotabaya Rajapaksa flees the country

Rajapaksa, 73, and his wife boarded a special air force flight bound for the Maldives, local officials said

Sri Lanka’s embattled president Gotabaya Rajapaksa has flown out of the country, heading to the neighbouring Maldives, according to local officials.

The 73-year-old leader, his wife and a bodyguard were among four passengers on board an Antonov-32 Sri Lankan military aircraft which took off from Colombo’s international airport on Tuesday, immigration officials told Agence France-Presse...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/12/sri-lanka-president-gotabaya-rajapaksa-fails-attempt-flee-airport

I wonder how many suitcases? and how heavy they were, you know, like gold heavy...

I've always said that Wiki-woo would be unreliable, particularly for the information on Politicians etc... and now it seems Politics - generally.

I will however say, that it's a good source for information, on things like "Mercedes M-120 V12 engine" where no-one is going to make huge money, on knowing,  piston or bore sizes...

But information on people,  well wot a load of shite....

i.e. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi_Jinping  doesn't mention Winnie the Poo hardly at all, though it does show his shape wear to good advantage  

XJP-Obama=Winnie-Tigger.jpg

We will now know, if the Red Menace are monitoring this Forum, they are extremely vociferous, in the defence of Xi vs Winnie the Pooh...

'I'm losing my mind': Chinese depositor loses life savings in bank

China's zero-Covid policy has inflicted devastating economic pain as unemployment is soaring and people aren't earning as much. Even saving money has become a risky bet. CNN's Selina Wang speaks to a man who fears he's lost his entire family's life savings...

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/07/15/china-economy-covid-wang-henan-bank-pkg-intl-hnk-vpx.cnn