Straya

Coss

Anti-vaccination protesters have gathered across Australia ahead of the launch of the country's coronavirus inoculation programme.

Protests were held in cities including Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, with participants chanting slogans like: "My body, my choice."

The rallies were largely peaceful, but police made several arrests in Melbourne, local media reported....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56137597

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/antilockdown-and-vaccine-protest-in-sydney-proceeds-peacefully-despite-restrictions-easing/news-story/0e339e51d670e4dd5a3cbea77100f7a7

_____

I'd like to draw the dear reader's attention to this article  which is tourism puffery - "A $20 private island escape in the South Island"

Until you read the bit: 

"By 1863, early settlers had built a quarantine station – one of four in New Zealand. If ships arrived with any infectious diseases onboard, like smallpox, the crew and passengers would be held on the island until they were cleared. More than 40 ships were forced to use the island where around 9000 people were processed – of which about 70 died

Before Covid-19, this kind of history would be of passing interest to most Kiwis – today it's a fascinating contrast to the five-star hotels we're currently using as quarantine stations.

During and after the First World War, use of the island changed – a hospital was built and soldiers found with sexually transmitted infections were sent there – mainly gonorrhoea."

_____

I know most of us on this board don't need edumication on the efficacy of being vaccinated against killer diseases, but if you do come across an anti vaxxer, who thinks that the world is just a perfect sunny little place, but for the evil government, show them the article.

In the UK the ‘No Jab, No Job” mentality is taking force. The NHS has just announced Vaccination is required, as has been the case with Influenza for many a year, and many private firms are coming out and saying it.

Of course the Anti-Vax brigade are screaming discrimination and threatening legal action, what will they claim Vaxism?

Before I was 10 years old I had had Diphtheria, Pertussis, Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccinations, Tetanus and Polio at 13.

I have had for work reasons numerous vaccinations including cholera and yellow fever, if you don’t have no Visa / Work Permit etc and it has not done me any harm.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Fortunately the Covid deniers, Anti-Vaxxers etc are in the minority but are deemed headline news and demanding their rights just like other minorities 

People queuing quietly for vaccines is not headline news, same as men who identify as men, heterosexuals and other majorities.

Hi,

"There is a major anti-vaccine movement in Thailand, collectively known as “The Government”, "

This would be a lot funnier if it wasn't so spot on :(
Millions of people in TH would love to get vaccinated, but due to utter incompetence (and greed, corruption, etc) from the gov, it is not possible for them to do so. And in the meantime cases keep climbing.

Halve the country should have been fully vaccinated by now, instead less than 10% is fully vaccinated.

Sanuk!