Straya

Coss

On 9/14/2022 at 4:36 PM, Mekong said:

Why have you Aussies kept this a secret?
Just found the best Children's TV of all time AGRO THE PUPPET

Oz tv has had a few questionable kids shows

I remember playschool.

With male and female presenter discussing what would fit in her box

Upshot was his ball wouldn't fit, but the crayons went in and out quite nicely 

• 4 weeks later...

You have to wonder what didn't even get archived. Decades ago, Graham Blundle, aka Alvin Purple, used to appear on Playschool the kids show. Was common for actors to appear there are not many movies being made. He was on with Wendy Hughes, and the skit for the kids was Wendy holding a large box, and asking "What will fit in my box" with Graeme holding a variety of toys and seeing what would fit 

They could hardly hold it together

Will my tennis ball for in your box Wendy?

Well, that is a nice hairy tennis ball, and look, it does fit in my box

And so on

Was stunning 

• 3 months later...

King Charles III will not feature on Australia's new five dollar note, the country's central bank has announced.

The new design will pay tribute to "the culture and history of the First Australians", the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) says.

A portrait of the late Queen Elizabeth II appears on the current design of five dollar note.

The Queen's death last year reignited debates about Australia's future as a constitutional monarchy.

"This decision by the Reserve Bank Board follows consultation with the Australian government, which supports this change," the bank said in a statement.

"The Bank will consult with First Australians in designing the $5 banknote. The new banknote will take a number of years to be designed and printed. In the meantime, the current $5 banknote will continue to be issued. It will be able to be used even after the new banknote is issued," it added.

The RBA currently has no plans to change the design of any other denomination of Australian banknotes, a spokesperson told the BBC.

It has not yet set a date for when it will reveal the new five dollar note design, they added.

The decision was welcomed by Aboriginal politicians and community leaders.

"This is a massive win for the grassroots, First Nations people who have been fighting to decolonise this country," Lidia Thorpe, a Greens senator and DjabWurrung Gunnai Gunditjmara woman.

First Nations people lived in Australia for at least 65,000 years before British colonisation, according to recent estimates

Story

• 4 months later...