Oldest Gogo In Bangkok

My Penis is hungry

Yes would say Patpong as a district, but the oldest Go-Go PER district, hmm!

I can certainly remember when Nana was an open courtyard with a couple of beer bars, think there was even a fishpond there early on. Did it start with just one or a whole slew all at once?

http://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/bangkok-oldest-bars

says that in Patpong Madrid (1969) preceeded the areas go-go bars.

Flash will be along shortly to give us a history lesson I'm sure.

I told what I knew about the early days to Stickman, so it should be there. Some other old geezers helped him too. Stickie is just a young guy. :)

When I arrived in Bangkok in March 1973, the bar areas were on "new" Phetchburi Road, at Patpong, a few at Saphan Kwai, and a few behind the old Erewan Hotel and in a plaza across the street from that. I don't think any of the oldest gogo bars are still operating, but as far as I know Moonshine in Soi Cowboy is the oldest still going. It dates to about the early 1980s.

The first successful gogo bar was the Grand Prix on Cowboy, though it wasn't the first gogo bar. Trink told me gogo first appeared at the Sani Chateau nightclub near Democracy Monument. But that was just a temporary thing that lasted a few weeks. Nick Jero of Nicks No. 1 restaurant opened a gogo bar to the west of Lumpini Park before the Grand Prix, but it wasn't a financial success. Nick wrote about it for the Bangkok Post back in the 1980s.

p.s. Madrid is a restaurant, not a gogo bar.

The origin of the term go-go dancing goes back to a British film of the 1950s “Whiskey Galoreâ€. This film tells the story of the sinking of a ship loaded with whiskey. The French title of this film was "Whiskey à Go-Goâ€; go-go being the French expression for "galore". During the period that this film was showing in France, discotheques were just introduced as a new form of entertainment. Due to the success of the film and the snob appeal of drinking whiskey in France, a number of discotheques were given the name “Whiskey à Go-Goâ€. It was also the time when dances became popular, where partners were dancing apart from each other. Not long after the success of the discotheques in France, they were opened in French style in New York City, with the same name as their French example: “Whiskey A Go-Goâ€. American discos introduced soon a form of entertainment of young girls dancing in the new, loose style, without a partner. The go-go dancer was born

• Like 1

I met moo noi in moonshine one-time. I came direct from the airport. After getting a blow job in the toilet, numerous drinks, I realised I didn't have Thai baht. However one bloke working there knew the exchange rates for the three different currencies I had in my pocket, and I made up the right amount. Good night but rarely go there.