How Common Is This In Thailand?

My Penis is hungry

School chief allegedly involved with student to face arrest

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1401898/school-director-involved-in-sex-with-girl-to-face-arrest#cxrecs_s

Mr Nathaphop was earlier involved in an indecent act with a Prathom 6 student (Grade 6) at Wat Ban Nong Waeng School in the same district. At the time, he was punished with a 5% salary cut for two months...

His current wife, 20, an employee at a 7-Eleven convenience store in Bua Yai, reportedly resigned from her job and left her house after learning about her husband’s sex scandal. Mr Nathaphop had reportedly lived with her since she was 16

And Parents approve!

The girl’s mother got angry at the boy’s mother for exposing the relationship of her daughter and the director. In a fit of rage, the girl’s mother let slip that her daughter had already married the Director!

In our village I often saw kids about 13- 15 get married to people a few years older, once though to someone about 10 years older.

Girls with babies under 15 is rampant. While many things in remote village life have improved, this is one area it hasn't.

A number of gogo's in Cowboy always had younger girls. To quote someone, "Have young girl look old, and old girl look young is best"

. . . . . .

How common is 'School chief allegedly involved with student to face arrest'? Extremely rare, if you mean the arrest (though about as common as Family Mart, if you mean the sexual exploitation of students by teachers and administrators).

I have no evidence of this at all, just drawing on my probably errant understanding of Thailand and administrative power, transactional sex, and more than 82 key informant 'interviews' at the former AfterSkool bar.

I can only speak of what I know. At daughters previous school a male teacher was known to be "fiddling" with some of the teenage girls, typically off premises at a short time place. Apparently this was semi-grooming/duress. When one parent came to know his daughter had been "messed" with he kicked up a big fuss and said teacher disappeared, end-of. Plod was informed but could do nothing without the perp, end-of. Papers were not informed since neither side wanted that, end-of. Further discussion at home suggests that daughters friends who are at different schools know of similar things there, maybe 6 out of 8 schools.