Catch A Train To Pattaya?

My Penis is hungry

There's already a regular run to and from Pattaya once a day, an ordinary train that stops at every station. It's dirt cheap but non a/c, about 30 baht all the way. It would be fun to do as an adventure and to make a video, but it's hardly something the average tourist would want to do very often.

I liked them too, until the dip shits banned the ice cold beer they used to serve on the trains. :(

In the '80s, I'd buy my ticket to Chiang Mai in advance, then take an AWOL bag with me to work on Friday. When I got off work, I'd take a taxi and catch the train when it arrived at Bang Sue Station. I'd order a yam pla grawp and a big Singha or two for dinner. By then they'd be making up the bunks, and I was ready to crash. I'd wake up in the morning in the hills just below CM, and my Mrs would be waiting to take me home. It was always a good trip. Can't see doing hatt when I can't even had a beer. Now I just say screw it and fly. :(

• Like 1

If they see you, they stop you. I've heard of folks smuggling a plastic bag filled with beer on board, but that's definitely frowned upon.

SRT governor Praphat Chongsa-nguan said Tuesday that the legal department had been instructed to come up with a regulation banning the sale of all alcoholic drinks on all trains. Passengers can bring their alcoholic drinks on board, but if they are seen drinking on board they will be invited to get off the trains, he added.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/alcohol-sale-drink-will-banned-trains/