Sign in to follow this  
bust

Investing In The Current Financial Climate

Property prices in New Zealand are way too high for sure, and I think so many of the problems in life here in Kiwiland come back to the fact that most house buyers are going to be in debt from the day they buy through to retirement. The sad thing is that whatever happens, there are going to be people severely hurting. If prices plateau or keep going up, young people are stuffed. If prices drop a small amount, anyone who bought in recent years will have issues. If prices drop a lot, there will be major economic ramifications. Things just went way too far, didn't they?

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 10:54 AM, Mekong said:

The bottom will drop out of the Vehicle and Property market in Thailand just like it did in 1997, but this time I am ready for it, have a few bucks squirreled away to take advantage of the situation 

Traffic was actually pleasant in Bangkok for a few years after the 1997 crash, since close to 50% of the cars on the road had been repossessed. Even better, banks were selling repossessed new houses at as little as one quarter of their original selling prize. There was plenty of opportunity for folks who had money back then. (I didn't.  :(  )

In any crash, being debt free and cash on hand, is the best and those folks are best poised to take advantage of assets at basement prices. Cash rich Chinese investors made out like bandits after the 2008 crash. 

Anyone who has relatively sizeable amount of cash on hand will be at a huge advantage.