Cost Of Living - Brisbane Vs Bangkok

This is quite interesting and holds up what we've found,

Groceries in Brisbane can be cheaper than Bangkok, or not a lot more expensive.

Go to the web site for a better breakdown. But this gives you the idea.

The beer prices are wrong, I get XXXX for about $6 for a "pint" about 500mls

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Australia&country2=Thailand&city1=Brisbane&city2=Bangkok&tracking=getDispatchComparison

The cheese prices are wrong, most cheeses are $20 upnot $8, but you can get $8 cheeses. The same cheeses I buy in Oz in bulk are nearly same price in Thailand in Bulk.

Indices Difference information.png Consumer Prices in Bangkok are 28.29% lower than in Brisbane Consumer Prices Including Rent in Bangkok are 30.98% lower than in Brisbane Rent Prices in Bangkok are 36.37% lower than in Brisbane Restaurant Prices in Bangkok are 62.22% lower than in Brisbane Groceries Prices in Bangkok are 13.25% lower than in Brisbane Local Purchasing Power in Bangkok is 64.99% lower than in Brisbane

Though Bangkok seems to be a place of it´s own. Whenever preparing to return to Jeormany I buy mangos and the small green lemon at Tops market Sukhumvit. This time I happened to stay at the Mae Klong trainmarket where they sold my mangos and lemon at less than half.

PS: People like myself with an allergy against Chinese in hords better not visit Mae Klong trainmarket.