New Zealand Thread

cavanami

You had better focus what's going on in that little island and get ready to pay out some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NZ is clearly out of control and hurts peoples' feelings...

New Zealand: Megaupload's Kim Dotcom wins court battle

New Zealand's Human Rights Tribunal has ordered the government to pay file-sharing mogul Kim Dotcom €53,000 for privacy breaches. For years, the Megaupload founder has fought a request for extradition to the US.

New Zealand's Human Rights Tribunal ordered the government to pay Kim Dotcom NZ$90,000 (US$65,600) after finding that the attorney general breached the Privacy Act by refusing the internet entrepreneur's request for all information held by public agencies about his case. That broke down to NZ$30,000 for the "loss of a benefit" and NZ$60,000 for "loss of dignity and injury to feelings."

The Human Rights Tribunal also ordered the government and ministers to comply with the original requests and supply all relevant documents to Dotcom, who celebrated Monday's victory with a series of tweets. "After years of perseverance the time is here, we won, we're getting to the truth," he wrote in one. "I'm no longer the defendant."

http://www.dw.com/en...ttle/a-43128818

Listen to Obama speak sometime without a script or a teleprompter in front of him. Einstein he ain't.

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." -- in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly agreed with

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." -- speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain... administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." -- Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." -- to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers.

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon.

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." -- on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

etc etc ... Sounds a lot like GW Bush, doesn't he? :hubbahubba:

A common misapprehension on this board, is that by suggesting anyone is better than Trump, that the person so suggested, must be held up as a paragon of all things.

Let's put it in a different frame.

On a scale of 10 where 10 is the highest, the best, the most desired and the most wonderful.

All politicians rate 5 or lower on this scale.

From a non American's point of view:

JFK = 3

Bill Clinton = 1.5

G W Bush = 1

Obama = 2

Trump = 0

Churchill = 4.5

Helen Clark = 3

Aung San Suu Kyi = 1.5

Takky = 1