New Zealand Thread

cavanami

BTW if I show you a youtube video of little green men will you believe they're true?

Because little green men are a popular misconception, spawned by b-grade Hollywood movies from the '50s and retained in the popular culture of feckless idiots.

I should know because I am one of the lizard people that rule the earth and live in the citadel at the centre of the earth.

That avatar image I am using is a rubber mask, so I don't alarm you.

12 hours ago, cavanami said:

He is an "interesting" person. He was one of the few journalists that went to Christchurch to interview and report on the shootings.

Errr, one of "the few" journalists that went to Chch? This was the biggest news event in the world at the time and pretty much every journalist in New Zealand who could get on a plane was there within hours of it happening!!

I'm with Stick,

and in this era when social media and even the stalwart Khardasians, are in decline, some here in li'l ol' NZ, still think that getting a youtube vid 'watched' by a large number of people, is a path to fame and fortune.

Better yet, ride the wave of the latest foofery ::

Kiwi woman is making the world's first plant-based swimsuits

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fashion/113855236/kiwi-woman-is-making-the-worlds-first-plantbased-swimsuits

rubber togs... plant based - all the vegans and vegetarians are using "plant based" as a catch cry. because the words 'vegan' and 'vegetarian' are so badly thought of.

but wait, I have an idea!

better!  plant based swimsuits :: 1st you cultivate fields of Lolium perenne grass, then using an organism such as Bos taurus, the Lolium perenne is converted via the rumen, the reticulum, the omasum and the abomasum of the Bos taurus into such products as collagen and calcium phosphate, various proteins such as  Isoleucine, Lysine, Threonine and others,  and more importantly,  keratinocyte cells.

It is these keratinocyte cells, that we can make the better swim suits from, after harvest, these cells are carefully treated using naturally occurring substances and then dried into sheet form, from which skilled seamstresses can craft the finest swim wear on the planet!

Leather swim suits

5b69a34ff7d8fc63cf6b489654c990ad.jpg

11 hours ago, Stickman said:

Errr, one of "the few" journalists that went to Chch? This was the biggest news event in the world at the time and pretty much every journalist in New Zealand who could get on a plane was there within hours of it happening!!

Stick, did you go? just curious...

...and Vinny came off as a little strange but thanks for the boots on the ground imput!

13 hours ago, cavanami said:

Stick, did you go? just curious...

...and Vinny came off as a little strange but thanks for the boots on the ground imput!

No, I didn't go. I am not a fan of Christchurch at all and it's a city I'll be quite happy not to visit again.

6 hours ago, Stickman said:

No, I didn't go. I am not a fan of Christchurch at all and it's a city I'll be quite happy not to visit again.

Christchurch is all that bad? My Dutch friend had his daughter in an educational exchange program and she lived there a few years. I've never been there.
Care to explain in 20 words or less about your negativity?

Asking for a friend 555

17 hours ago, cavanami said:

Christchurch is all that bad? My Dutch friend had his daughter in an educational exchange program and she lived there a few years. I've never been there.
Care to explain in 20 words or less about your negativity?

Asking for a friend 555

Generally speaking in New Zealand, the further south you get, the friendlier the people are - and Christchurch is a long way south of Wellington (where I was born), Auckland (where I grew up . consider my hometown) and Napier (where I currently live), all of which are in the North Island. But Christchurch is a bit of an anomaly. It feels very provincial even though (by NZ standards) it's a big city. I find the people of Christchurch have a chip on their shoulder about people from Auckland and from the North Island generally, and many are anti non-white. This is not paranoia - a good friend from Christchurch who lived in Thailand for many years often tells me of the feelings of many in Christchurch which are anti-Maoris and anti-Asians. Ok, not everyone in Christchurch is like that of course and I am sure you will find non-white immigrants there who love it and feel welcome, but it is much less cosmopolitan than say Auckland and there is a feeling of anti-outsiders there.

I visited Christchurch for the first time in 1996 on business and made the mistake of saying I was from Auckland....big mistake. The anti-Aucklander sentiment was strong. I don't care for that sort of crap and hence I don't care for Christchurch.