New Zealand Thread

cavanami

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to post this in the Darwin award thread, but there's real deaths and injuries here.

The perils of tourism and adventure junkies, skipping about hand in hand, on an active Volcano...

White Island volcano erupts in Bay of Plenty: 5 dead, 8 missing, 31 in hospital.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12292240

• Five confirmed dead, eight missing, 31 in hospital after White Island volcano erupts twice

• There were 47 people in total on the island, 38 of them were from the cruise ship Ovation of the Seas

• Thirty-four injured people and five bodies were taken off the island by heroic rescuers in the face of extreme danger, says PM

• Police say there are no further signs of life on the island, following flyovers late on Monday

• Many of the victims are tourists from Australia, the UK, China, Malaysia and the US 

WhiteIsland1.jpg.999658e0dd50c98bb2eae58830e3980f.jpg

WhiteIsland2.jpg.e2fadb15407d8214b4dc9a09a1f0a242.jpg

This photo is how White Island looks, almost all of the time, sometimes getting quiet, sometimes livening up. It's an active Volcano.

There is great fishing around it. The only way I'd go anywhere near it, is if my boat could get away quick and I was fishing upwind of the Island.

Hand's up anyone who wants to land on the Island and go and poke around the crater?

1576017231356.jpg

The US has had its own problems ....

"The 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption was the most destructive in U.S. history. Fifty-seven people died, and thousands of animals were killed, according to USGS. More than 200 homes were destroyed, and more than 185 miles of roads and 15 miles of railways were damaged. Ash clogged sewage systems, damaged cars and buildings, and temporarily shut down air traffic over the Northwest. The International Trade Commission estimated damages to timber, civil works and agriculture to be $1.1 billion. Congress approved $950 million in emergency funds to the Army Corps of Engineers, the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Small Business Administration to help with recovery efforts."

https://www.livescience.com/27553-mount-st-helens-eruption.html

18 hours ago, Coss said:

This photo is how White Island looks, almost all of the time, sometimes getting quiet, sometimes livening up. It's an active Volcano.

There is great fishing around it. The only way I'd go anywhere near it, is if my boat could get away quick and I was fishing upwind of the Island.

Hand's up anyone who wants to land on the Island and go and poke around the crater?

Bingo....it's an active volcano FFS! I'm quite happy that it's 50 km from land!

• 4 weeks later...

And this below upsets me. So when I say that, what Trump and Steven Miller get up to, will affect the rest of the world, the rest of us, I now see that I am correct.

auckland-airport-security-refuses-to-let-family-fly-unless-3-year-old-gets-pat-down

So now the Airport Nazis are behaving like Americans. 3 yrs old FFS, what next? Cages?

NZ used to be such a lovely place.

• 2 weeks later...

New Zealand has been defrauded of millions of dollars by the illegally operated Clinton foundations. The proof is here in this 1 hr 40m video. Truth and facts that are publicly available...get educated! Challenge Jacinda Ardern, your prime minister,  to opt out of this fraud like Australia did!!

The New Zealand government replied to the email sent, exposing the millions of $$$ that was given by the New Zealand government to the illegal, fraudulent Clinton "charity".

For the weak minded, this is a clear fraud, NOTHING to do with politics. It concerns the New Zealand government giving the peoples' tax money to the illegal "charity"!!!