New Zealand Thread

cavanami

• 3 weeks later...

If every one else was jumping off a cliff would you do it too?

Injured base jumper rescued from cliff near Wanaka

An injured base jumper has been airlifted to safety from a cliff near Wanaka.

Police were advised the woman was stuck on the cliff in the Matukituki Valley at about 7.40am on Monday.

A friend of the woman reported the incident and helped emergency services to locate her, a police spokeswoman said.

She was picked up by helicopter at about 9.15am and taken to a nearby roadside, where she was met by an ambulance.

A St John spokesman said the woman was assessed and treated at the scene.

Wanaka police, the Alpine Cliff Rescue Team and Aspiring Helicopters were all involved in the rescue.

_____

Mind you if she dies, she would do so, doing the thing she loved...

On 1/29/2021 at 4:17 PM, Mekong said:

Ahhh,

Those afternoons sat outside the Madrid Bar in the Pong watching them put up the street market with a cold one or eight. 

Happy days when our bodies were working and bits weren’t wearing out or bits dropping off

That really should have a time lapse video, was amazing to see that

Good pizza too

Coss,

You are like a broken elevator on this one (wrong on many levels)

OUTSIDE Madrid Bar not Inside

SETTING UP Night Market not Serving Drinks

The setting up of Patpong night market is a sight to behold, totally choreographed by one woman and her whistle, like Swan Lake inFork Lift Trucks.

The best part is once the stalls are erected and the roof tarpaulins are laid out “PEEP” on the whistle, everything stops for 5 minutes and they all have a quick break and a drink of water then “PEEP”, they grab ropes and haul the tarpaulins up too the roof, not a few at a time, the whole lot at once, it is like watching a Big Rig Sailing ship go to full sail.

Wat Pho, Floating Market, Ancient City, forget the lot, watching Patpong Street Market being set up with a couple of cold ones, as MPIH and I did one relaxing afternoon, is the sight to see.

13 hours ago, Mekong said:

Coss,

You are like a broken elevator on this one (wrong on many levels)

OUTSIDE Madrid Bar not Inside

SETTING UP Night Market not Serving Drinks

The setting up of Patpong night market is a sight to behold, totally choreographed by one woman and her whistle, like Swan Lake inFork Lift Trucks.

The best part is once the stalls are erected and the roof tarpaulins are laid out “PEEP” on the whistle, everything stops for 5 minutes and they all have a quick break and a drink of water then “PEEP”, they grab ropes and haul the tarpaulins up too the roof, not a few at a time, the whole lot at once, it is like watching a Big Rig Sailing ship go to full sail.

Wat Pho, Floating Market, Ancient City, forget the lot, watching Patpong Street Market being set up with a couple of cold ones, as MPIH and I did one relaxing afternoon, is the sight to see.

for pernickety-ness,  I can still play -  the 1st 14 seconds is of the outside and the setting up, indeed as the vision fades to the interior of the bar,  the 13th and 14th seconds,  show the door of the Madrid Bar closing from the outside.

and: @ 0:02 someone is tying something up, whilst standing on a table or similar...

I apologise most sincerely, for suffering from the ineptitude, of not being able to seek out, find and post a more fully cinematic and visually descriptive, rendition of the vision, I posted in response to MPIH's comment, quoted for easy reference below....

17 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

That really should have a time lapse video, was amazing to see that

Too bad the broken elevator cannot get fixed....too far gone,,,

New Zealand transgender weight lifter Laurel Hubbard wins two gold medals, breaking all women's records in world championships. Laurel was born a man, Gavin Hubbard, measuring 1.8 m (6 feet and 1 inch), and did not start the ′′ transition ′′ until 2012, when he was already 34 years old.
′′ Transgender rights ′′ are abolishing the true essence of women and are now destroying women's sports.
May be an image of 1 person and indoor