Martian Thread

Flashermac

I won't doubt the science behind the study in Nature, but I am perturbed by this article in "UPI" which seems to be a site full of the usual click bait...

"couldn't have formed and evaporated in less than 4 million years." well I think it's save to say that Mars has been around for a bit longer than that.

In fact the article at http://news.berkeley.edu/2018/03/19/mars-oceans-formed-early-possibly-aided-by-massive-volcanic-eruptions/ - is written using "Billions" of years...

UPI should get a literate writer...

• 2 weeks later...

Russia taking an active interest in sending people to Mars is great. It will make other nations want to go there too.

Now if we could only convince all world leaders to spend their defence budgets on space exploration .............

What I never understood is, why doesn't Kim Jong Un use his rocket program to send people into orbit. Basically if a rocket can send a person into orbit and land them it can carry a nuke too. But no one can forbid him from sending people into space peacefully :p. Iran is actually using this. They have already launched animals into space and seriously consider a human mission.

Iran has sent up animals, and next they're going to launch a woman into space. If that's successful, the ayatollahs are going to try it with humans. :)

I have an Iranian friend, a doctor and a lady, and her and her family are the nicest folk. modern, urbane and delightful. no hint of the ayatollahs.

• 3 weeks later...

One does wonder, though it's not excite, she's off home getting medical treatment at the moment, the Folks are on a Trip around Europe, all due back before Xmas. The parents volunteer at the local community centre (urban Auckland) FFS, lovely they are...

• 3 weeks later...

That's why they're living in exile?

Actually, now I wonder, both the Folks were quite good with the English, and he'd spent considerable time in Japan, his field as he described it was 'Quality Control' mmm... And they were very Charming.

Maybe he'll now be off back home to fire up some scientific equipment...

Well I'll know if they're legit, if they return to NZ before Xmas as planned.