On My First Trips

Flash we know stayed in Hotels for 20 baht a night, that came with three whores, who he paid for with left over ice cubes and coconut husks.

However maybe a thread to reminisce a little about our first trips? Mekong has done some, add them here mate!

My first trip was in my very early 30's, I was working 12-15 hours a day, in a highly stressful job, being paid great money, with a company sports car that I never got time to drive, an unlimited expense account that I never had time to use, and a drinking habit needed to wind down at midnight so I could sleep.

So a great mate of mine bought me a ticket and hotel trip to Thailand, if I didn't take a holiday, I had to pay for the ticket, if I went it was free.

i went! I'm such a tight arse!

My first trip and for a number after that I stayed at the Nana,

First night in Bangkok we visited a well known Thai Artist, great house, way way out on Sukhumvit Soi 100+, still friends today, no sky train then.

I had been working with Japanese, who can't drink, and sadly thought Thai's couldn't drink.

I bought a box of beer, and a bottle of whiskey assuming it was quite a few of us drinking.

Turns out just me and the artist.

I learnt many Thai traditions that night

1 - Thais can drink, after knocking back the beer and whiskey, he sent out for more! FARK

2 - The food kept coming, plate after plate after plate. Being good Aussie lads, we had been taught to eat everything on the plate no matter what. That shows you've finished. In Thailand that shows you want more! My artists mate after five courses, turns to us and says

"My wife has cooked all our food, all the food from our neighbour on the right, and now she wants to borrow food from the neighbour on the left, are you really that hungry?

Fark NO we could have stopped after the second course!

3 - Thai traffic jams, in the taxi going back to Nana, on this warm Sunday night, at midnight, after boxes of beer and whiskey it was a traffic jam from hell most of the way.

The Taxi would stop, I'd get out, PUKE, then start staggering forward, 10 minutes later the taxi would pass me, stop and I'd get in, we'd drive slowly for 5-10 minutes then stop, I'd get out, PUKE, then start staggering forward, 10 minutes later the taxi would pass me, stop and I'd get in, we'd drive slowly for 5-10 minutes then stop, I'd get out, PUKE, then start staggering forward, 10 minutes later the taxi would pass me, stop and I'd get in, we'd drive slowly for 5-10 minutes then stop, I'd get out, PUKE, then start staggering forward, 10 minutes later the taxi would pass me, stop and I'd get in, we'd drive slowly for 5-10 minutes then stop, I'd get out, PUKE, then start staggering forward, 10 minutes later the taxi would pass me, stop and I'd get in, we'd drive slowly for 5-10 minutes then stop,

Yep - I swear I walked half the way back to Nana.

4 - Breakfast at the nana - show off what you got last night time! Was fascinating to watch the parade of blokes like us and a vast variety of girls, or some not quite girls, on parade at breakfast. Over time, you'd get to know many of them. And many of the old blokes living there, Izzie, Alec, etc etc

5 - The Nana hotel and it's safe boxes, complete with a photocopied "ID" card so you could open it.

6 - No internet to book things, so you'd ask around, then book what you could, sometimes at Train stations, for my first trip to Chain Mai, I got scammed, other times i got helped. Occasionally some sad family would be seated, the Dad and Son's eyes popping out of their heads, mum and daughter complaining.

Less than 2 months after my first visit I had worked out a way to eventually work and live in Thailand. With that came the realisation I needed to stay in a nice hotel, and still whore around when I could. Dreams of finding a secretary who'd give me a blow job every morning, yep, I was under the illusion all Thai girls are whores. And how to keep multiple wives at the same time.

The "White Knight" syndrome of trying to rescue a girl from the evils of prostitution which I loved using. Thankfully I had found a girl who was smart enough to say she didn't want to be rescued, and educated me on why not to try this. Watching mates marry their girls then split a few years later I am thankful for "Bee" for being so honest. Painfully honest, but more of that later I guess.

Discovering "After" bars, even bars that opened after Thermae closed near dawn. They where great fun, from the bar above Country Road, to the bars along Ratchada. And even further out.

Lovely days, totally misguided but fun also to learn the real Thailand over time.

My first trip. fark memory banks by now, lets see if I can remember the basics

1988, I was working in South Korea, Nowt special one may think Oi, I was 24 years old pre internet days back then, finding my young way arrod as young expat with no expense account.

March 1989 my 25 Remember it well, my co-worker Deano shared same birthday as me and he was 30,for his 3-0 I bought him "Malcolm" from the Doors Club MTV Street Pohang S.Korea. Malcolm you may ask? She was #9 and to Deano #9 equals Malcolm McDonald a famous football player from the North East of England (Deano's Neck the woods) he got me #12 the substitute haha.

3AM he called my room "Half time, send 'em to shower and change ends"15 minutes later I was banging Malcolm and he was on the Substitute

How does this relate to Thailand you may ask, well at 24-25 years old they couldn't really let me loose alone in S.Korea without a father figure so to speak so I was sharing an apartment with Don "The Catt" Cattanach a quite spoken Gentleman from Edinburgh.

The Catt got wind of our Sexploits and said "Next RnR come with me Mekong" (not that I was known as Mekong back then). I had 2 Choices either a Business Class Return Ticket back to UK or Cash it in and Fly Economy to Bangkok and finance my time there on money saved.

It probably took me between 125 to 250 microseconds to decide BANGKOK, I was married young in UK and came to SE Asia to escape, an extension to my escapism so to speak

So, I headed off to Bangkok with "The Catt" and stayed at his apartment on Patpong 3 haha what an introduction to Bangkok I had.

The rest is History so to speak.

Nearly 30 years later "The Catt" is now called Uncle Don, still lives in Bangkok, but alas up towards Rangsit not Silom area anymore, I hook up with the guy whenever home in Thailand, and always a Bottle of his Favorite Single Malt every New Year with"ขอขอบคุณ " (Thank You) on the Greetings Card.

My first trip was 1994 (took sand to the beach)

I still remember in Phuket walking along and 2 girls road past on a scooter and displayed that infectious smile that you never forget.

Fast forward 14 years and a stay at the Landmark, a visit to Carousel and a girl called Wan......the rest is a blur :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

For one thing, it was common to go to a freelancers home for the night. Picked up a cutie from Ubon and she took me to her flat in "Ekamai". That was the end of Bangkok. In those days, all wooden houses and everyone from "Issan". Had to bathe outside at a well. Standard rate was 100 baht, but I liked her and gave her 200.

Also, I don't remember any bar fine in the 70s. You had to wait until a bar closed, then she'd go with you. She always stayed with you for breakfast, and might even stay until she had to go to work. 100 baht all inclusive. Bars were small and never had more than 20 dancers.

Old men remember old, better times.

They indulge in sweet memories, they let old adventures, experiences pass in their memories once again.

But these old men - I belong to this group too, I am one of them - are unfortunately right all along the line, totally and unreservedly.

Everything was cheap, the service of the girls was simply wonderful, Siam was "The Big Mango" in every respect, in every conceivable meaning.

An indication of the end of this paradise for real, proper, red-blooded men is not only the state, the condition of this board but of all international Siam boards.

They are all nearly dead.

For example the Secretsboard. This board is dominated by old men over 65, 70 and older, all pensioners and local expats or long-term vacationer (overwinter).

Dozens of threads about eating and drinking, about breakfast, lunch and dinner, about the weather and about other completely unimportant everyday things and activities.

Reports about bars and girls? No way! Wrong!

Information, experiences, news, adventures about our Pattaya girls?

Nobody cares about that anymore!

Instead, dozens of articles about the weather, about food and the cheapest chicken drumsticks.

Guys, that is crazy. Where are we?

Only exception are the two German boards, on which new adventures, experiences, stories are still vividly reported and discussed.The girls are in the center of nearly all comments and contributions.

This is no coincidence. The German economy has been booming for many years and there have been strong wage increases for years.

This also applies to the other German-speaking countries such as Switzerland and Austria.

This info board has degenerated into a meeting point of old, toothless and torpid tigers. Old and grey, without any testosterone, without sexual drive and desire.

One can believe you're in a people's home for age-old dotards. For men without balls in their pants, neutered old tomcats, no sexual drive and interest any more.

And I think not enough money!!!

The girls are the essence of Pattaya! The girls should be at the center of our board. And the bars populated by these wonderful creatures.

To hell with the chicken thighs, pizzas and drumsticks! To hell with 40 years old memories of geriatrics.

We want new stories!

Live from univesity library of Duesseldorf - 28. April, high noon local time

Nasiadai - Bakwahn