Sukhumvit Pubs, Family Friendly?

radioman

So I need to be in the Sukhumvit area tomorrow evening to see some people, I also need to be in town with my 15 y.o. son. What's the typical policy I'm likely to encounter at a typical food and beer style pub? Any problem having a teenager in tow? He's extremely well behaved, sits quiet buried in a small screen for hours on end like most of his generation when nothing else catches his eye.

• Like 1

Years ago, when I did the bar scene, I was talking to some of the Golden Bar girls. They asked so I showed them a picture of my 15yr old son. He's half Korean and a well built, good looking guy (Mom's side obviously). The girls said "Yum, yum, bring him here!!!".

Well we had a good night. Hard keeping the beer girls to keep their paws off him, he's totally Thai but looks farang so there's a fair bit of giggling and lip biting going on. No worries he's co-ed and well used to the female attention, pretty sure there was a piece of paper with a number/id :)

Whilst I have no son, I've always pondered the question, of, if I did have a son, if/when, I'd introduce him to the Angels in LOS and if it'd ruin him for Western women, ahem, behemoths.

Good to hear it all went well.

and in 15 more years, can we look forward to his introduction, to this board ? :)

Other than the sort of place we were at yesterday, essentially a fairly benign atmosphere, plenty of regular Thai people coming to drink and hang out, I don't see myself "introducing" him to much. What do you say to a teenage son who's happy to spend time alone in a darkened room with an internet connection? Well I don't think he's lacking ideas. Thing is he has ready access to a much wider pool of possibilities and though I couldn't guess at his "preference" I can't for one minute imagine most western women are going to be in with a shout. Still it will be his doing not mine. Of course one should always be ready to proffer guidance when requested but other than that got to say up to him I think.

Knew of a guy that brought his teenage boy to BKK and "introduced" him. Simply put he paid a hooker to fuck him. Not sure that's really a good idea, think it will be a good few years until that sort of thing would appeal if even then. It's more likely I'm going to be the one drooling over the ones he brings home. It's bad enough with 17 y.o. daughter and her seemingly endless stream of mega cute friends who come to hang out here. Hard times, quite literally at times.