לעבן צו פּאַלעסטינע

#12 drogon

drogon

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 5812 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:53

Been working on my career, stayed far away from Thailand (and Thai women) and basically focused on climbing the corporate ladder.

Now my career is fine and I discovered Philippines is a tad bit better than Thailand for quite a few things (not much so for a few others though).

#13 radioman

radioman

Pot Licker

• Board Sponsors
  • 3196 posts
  • LocationBangkok - mostly

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:41

And a darn sight more dangerous is some ways I've always felt :shakehead
S.H.I.T
Shit Happens In Thailand. It's a recursive acronym.

#14 drogon

drogon

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 5812 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 May 2018 - 15:12

Strange, never had any problems and did not feel threatened compared to several times in Thailand when things were tense..

No matter if going home drunk at 6am (home = Toclong, an area where few foreigners live outside Manila) or elsewhere I never ran into problems.
Yes guns are prevalent, yes the police is corrupt and incompetent, yes some GRO can be dangerous and yes there are plenty of thugs, this said, I went a bit everywhere in the Philippines but never to AC.

#15 radioman

radioman

Pot Licker

• Board Sponsors
  • 3196 posts
  • LocationBangkok - mostly

Posted 17 May 2018 - 16:07

Well AC is on another level again, people try to compare AC with Pattaya at times. I think it's pointless, they're just so different, even in their similarities. The danger was never really up front or out in the open, just the old spidey senses tingling, and I've learnt to trust them over the years. Another thing I found there is it's just so much more obviously a business, almost no pretence at the GFE, not that Thailand hasn't gone that way as well. In other matters the tales of foreigners getting truly shafted seem even more brutal than Thailand.

Now outside the P4P scene there are a lot of very nice Filipina girls who will give it all away for free, and clean your flat, and cook breakfast, and do the laundry. They are however doing this as investment, not quite a long con, they have every intention of pushing your wheelchair and changing your diapers but they in it for the long run. Oh and I've often found them a lot more "experimentally" minded, notwithstanding the strong catholic mindset that sometimes embeds a discouragement toward certain physical practices that many more enlightened souls might thoroughly enjoy. Education can work wonders.

If a man truly had the means and the inclination, not to mention the necessary two houses, I think one of each would be quite a pleasant lifestyle.
S.H.I.T
Shit Happens In Thailand. It's a recursive acronym.

#16 buffalo_bill

buffalo_bill

Heart broken

• Board Sponsors
  • 4347 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 18:58

View Postradioman, on 17 May 2018 - 16:07, said:

If a man truly had the means and the inclination, not to mention the necessary two houses, I think one of each would be quite a pleasant lifestyle.

Mr Radio , if only you knew how much I do agree . Although means and inclination would still require some cash .

Nuff said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users