Airport Link Overloaded?

drogon

Just read a newspaper article (https://www.bangkokp...reopen#cxrecs_s) and was badly surprised as in August I was planning on using that to go to phayathai station then from there go to On nut station.

Guess I will have to use a taxi.

Plus reading stuff like this (if true but TIT so I wouldn't be surprised) 'the ARL cannot afford to import spare parts from Germany. ARL repairmen need to dismantle spare parts from the two decommissioned trains to use on the operational seven.'

Am I wrong thinking the BTS-MRT and airport link are usually (at rush hour) overloaded (including with tourists such as myself)?

Nothing really unusual, just was fed up with Thailand and my dissolute lifestyle and decided to focus on my career.

Back now that my career is fully back on track.

What about you, how have you been doing?

How have I been doing? Mostly just retiring and getting old. :(

You will find Bangkok has even more condos and cars. Prices going up, but it's still cheaper than the west.

The Bangkost Post reported today on how inept the BTS and MRT managements are. They can't afford more cars, so instead they removed the seats from some cars. (You can squeeze more people in if they are standing.)

The airport taxi situation is much improved though. You go outside and take a number from a ticket machine. The taxis will all be waiting in a row. Your ticket tells you which taxi to go to, plus the driver's name and licence number. No more price gouging that way. I came back from home last October and was surprised at how easy it was. I arrived at 5am so we didn't even need to use the tollway.

Hi,

Have to use the MRT every day. At times is gets so busy at the Asoke station that they have to close the platform as it is full.

It is quite common that I have to wait for the 3th, 4th or even 5th train before being able to get on.

Sanuk!