Airport Vip Fast Track?

drogon

I don’t pay for it, I get fast tracked as I use Business Class Tickets from Hanoi to Bangokok.

A college of mine has paid for it with mixed results, on occasions it worked and on others got to “Fast Trackâ€Immigration and it wasn’t manned.

I wouldn’t pay for the service out of my own pocket, as I said it is just a perk I get on flights company pay for.

PS How’s the leg? Last time we spoke I was in Madrid and we were going to hook up (7-8 years ago) until ya got mowed down by a motorcycle and a busted limb!

Leg is busted for life, luckily not too badly busted and most of the time I am doing fine. Thanks for asking.

Thanks a lot for the info, as I understand these days you are mostly based in Vietnam?

“Based†Hmm!

I still consider Bangkok being “My Base†since I own property there and it is my registered address, even ATM in Vietnam I draw from a. Thai Bank account and Credit Card I use is issued by Thai Bank. (Thai CC are more secure, any online purchase you are sent a OTP to registered cell phone number and have to entered it within 1 minute for transaction to proceed)

I get “Home†3 times per year, a couple of 3 week trips for vacation and a 2 week one for extended TET break.

Vietnam is somewhere I got lucky, I was asked “How do you feel about a few months in Vietnam?†And I thought why not, sure beats going back to Middle East, that was back in September 2013. 5 years in Contracting is a bloody lifetime and my Contract is now through until December 2019 with probable further extensions, so head down, mouth shut and keep taking the money.

Good to see you back

Choice! I am not as desperate as I once was and can bide my time and choose where I work. Admittedly some 20 years ago I did not have a pot to piss in so to speak and took any work offered, it that was Saudi so be it, anything to keep the wolf from the door, and anything to save the embarrassment of walking down ones home street when I had told everyone I was away from that shit.

Hated it, but had to be done, beggars can’t be choosers, I first moved to Thailandd in 1991 so over 27 years now, life has been tough, but who said life was easy, roll your sleeves up, get your hands dirty and earn a crust and eventually it all works out.

Luck? No, doesn’t come into it, I tell my client to shut up and listen on a daily basis, I have the balls to do it, and the best bit is I have proven correct and keep getting extensions to Contract,

I have been doing the same line of work for 38 years now, left School at 16 and served an apprenticeship at local Petrochemical Works, OK it was SHELL so damn good training, I was Commissioning Nuclear Power Plants over 30years ago, I was working in Korea nearly 30 years back ( time of summer olympics 1988) when I was 24, as I said off ones arse, sleeve up and hands dirty, I’m not scared of hard work.

Mr Drogon in case you are over 70 years you may get free access to the fast lane, which is one possibility. The other one is flying business or buying the VIP service. The latter includes transportation from the gate which is already useless if your gate is close to immigration. Unless thousands of Chinese arrive simultaneously the VIP service offers no real advantage unless your leg is broken or you are completely drunk. Or you buy a robe and declare yourself holy monk.

These last few years I've flown pretty much exclusively on Qatar Airways, a mixture of contract mandates, employer choice and free miles. Naturally that kind of loyalty gets rewarded so I get their frequent flyer gold card, never fly enough for the platinum, that would take 2 flights a week for a year I reckon. Anyway I suspect most airlines have similarly beneficial loyalty programs. One of the benefits is unrestricted fast track at Swampy, in and out. Works for me. YMMV.