Ah, The Good Old Days ...

Flashermac

2005?

5 years too late IMHO 1997-99 when the SE Asia Financial Crisis was in full throes, prices will still reasonable but we were getting 150% + for our GBP / USD etc back then.

Today GBP is 42.8 THB for a few months in 98 it was well over 90 peaking at 97.XX

1000 THB back then was about £10 now it imore like £25 so even though prices may have tripled in price over the past 20 years in Baht terms they have actually increased Seven-Fold in GBP terms

OH, Happy Days!

I reckon that the good ol days were circa 1985~2005. Flash had the best of times and since 2005, prices and attitudes have sky rocketed and not in a good way.

I don't remember any real change happening around 2005. After 2009 i.e. from 2010 onwards then yes, I think attitudes changed markedly but up until late 2009 I thought Thailand nightlife remained a compelling product.

I may have been too definitive, what I shoulda said was, circa 1985~2005, was for me good times.

I wasn't there before '85, and 2005 was the last time I really participated and then I found prices and attitudes moving away from fun and sexy times.

Maybe I'm past it...

2005?

5 years too late IMHO 1997-99 when the SE Asia Financial Crisis was in full throes, prices will still reasonable but we were getting 150% + for our GBP / USD etc back then.

Today GBP is 42.8 THB for a few months in 98 it was well over 90 peaking at 97.XX

1000 THB back then was about £10 now it imore like £25 so even though prices may have tripled in price over the past 20 years in Baht terms they have actually increased Seven-Fold in GBP terms

OH, Happy Days!

I don't remember any real change happening around 2005. After 2009 i.e. from 2010 onwards then yes, I think attitudes changed markedly but up until late 2009 I thought Thailand nightlife remained a compelling product.