Itsmedave Arriving Soon

khunsanuk

I always liked Bourbon Street (eek, they moved out of the area too), Gullivers, or the Londoner (also seems to have moved). I'll be staying at the Manhattan on Suk soi 15 on that date. I have not yet decided where I will be staying once we get back from our week in Tokyo. I almost pushed the button for the Grand President on Soi 11, but there were so many recent negative reviews of that place...scared me away. Seems to have gone way downhill. I'll be so happy to see you again, Pom Michael, Flashermac and KS...sorry you can't make it Coss.

According to your link, KS, Woodstock is permanently closed on Thong Lor...I wasn't looking to go that far out anyway. Seems like most of the old haunts are closed or moved way uptown...I'll just shut up now and let you guys who live there find a good place.

PM - My last trip back to visit was in 2009...I think we got together then for dinner/drinks. I moved out of Thailand in 2007. Amazing it's been so long. If you guys need anything from the States let me know. I live in Las Vegas now. Dee and I are both doing well, and our daughter, Katherine, is now 13 and will be headed to 8th grade. All 3 of us will be coming back to Bangkok.

Bourbon Street is still as good as ever, but it's a long ride by the BTS, then another long walk up the street to get there. Worth going to the trouble for the food, but it can be hard to get home from in the evening if you don't live along the BTS.

Hanarahan's on Soi four (Nana) has very good food at tolerable prices. It's not hard to get to, if your Mrs and daughter wouldn't mind the soi. Nana is not as "in your face" as Soi Cowboy. It's a wide soi with most of the bars just on the north end, sort of opposite the Nana Hotel.

http://hanrahansbangkok.com/