Wtf Is Wrong With Gmail?

Flashermac

Every week or so, it seems, effing Gmail decides that my password is wrong. I usually just go ahead and change it, getting the require code by phone, and resetting the bloody damned thing. That's what I did last week, and right now it's telling me my password is wrong again! :angryfire:

But today it's even more fucked up than ever. Instead of accepting the password I set last week (and have before me written in my notebook), it tells me I should reset my password. But in order to do that, I must first copy down some gibberish "word" that appears on the page or whatever I hear when I push the speaker icon. However, copying the word exactly accomplishes nothing, and there is no way I can understand the long passage of a space alien language that is played on the speaker. The GD motherfucking piece of shit Gmail just goes in a circle. There is no way I can reset my password, since it won't let me get out of their endless loop.

Have I been infected by a virus, or does Gmail just plain hate me? :banghead::cussing::redflag:

Try accessing Gmail and changing your password from a different device. Go to Gmail.com yourself, don't click on a link sent to you - -that's phishing .....

Gmail has been super security conscious for me to recently, I used another computer to reset the password. Also clear your internet history between the changes. Th PC might be trying to autofill a password that's malignant .

Every week or so, it seems, effing Gmail decides that my password is wrong. I usually just go ahead and change it, getting the require code by phone, and resetting the bloody damned thing. That's what I did last week, and right now it's telling me my password is wrong again! :angryfire:

But today it's even more fucked up than ever. Instead of accepting the password I set last week (and have before me written in my notebook), it tells me I should reset my password. But in order to do that, I must first copy down some gibberish "word" that appears on the page or whatever I hear when I push the speaker icon. However, copying the word exactly accomplishes nothing, and there is no way I can understand the long passage of a space alien language that is played on the speaker. The GD motherfucking piece of shit Gmail just goes in a circle. There is no way I can reset my password, since it won't let me get out of their endless loop.

Have I been infected by a virus, or does Gmail just plain hate me? :banghead::cussing::redflag:

I had a similar problem about a week ago trying to log on to Bank of America. I kept getting a message that my password was wrong. Eventually I figured out that the OS (Ebuntu) was not compatible with AOL website. There was a little message on the site stating this incompatibility that did not catch my attention before the problem began. I had no problem logging in with Win 10.

• Like 1

I don't know if you guys noticed what happened with Equifax in the USA recently.

The were hacked and "Equifax Says Cyberattack May Have Affected 143 Million in the U.S." https://www.nytimes....yberattack.html

"Other cyberattacks, such as the two breaches that Yahoo announced in 2016, have eclipsed the penetration at Equifax in sheer size, but the Equifax attack is worse in terms of severity. Thieves were able to siphon far more personal information — the keys that unlock consumers’ medical histories, bank accounts and employee accounts."

I read somewhere that 75% of all Americans who had a credit file had their data stolen.

Now if that data has been floating about the hacking world, for while now, would it be a stretch, to suggest that hackers are finding uses for it?

Banks in Australia are getting criminal charges levelled against them - "ANZ, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank hit with criminal charges" https://www.nzherald...jectid=12065040

and

Probe exposes Australian banks’ abuse of customers:

" Australia’s four biggest banks, which control three-quarters of the domestic market, affecting services that most of its citizens use every day. Regulators recently began targeting a culture of rule-breaking, with cases focusing on issues from the rigging of interest rates to allegations of facilitating money laundering. The probe also comes amid global outrage over banks’ bad behaviour.

Wells Fargo was recently fined $1bn in the wake of a US investigation, which found thousands of staff signed up customers for services they knew nothing about to meet sales targets. While in the UK, banks have repaid £30bn to customers mis-sold payment protection insurance linked to mortgages and credit cards since 2011. "

My trust of the "system" is at an all time low.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously ... WTF is wrong with these people. I tried to sign into my Gmail and got a message ... "Device not recognised." It was me on my own effing computer. :banghead:

And I received via my my hotmail email: "Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account. Google blocked them, but you should check what happened."

I had to have Gmail send me a "secret code" on my iPhone to confirm that I really am me, and not Hillary or some Rooshun hacker.

Cretins! :confused: