Sign in to follow this  
Coss

Here’S The Story Behind The Snoozing Mps That Pissed Off Prayuth

Nice article Coss

Not to excuse their behavior but the other day my company's CIO organized a big meeting (2h longs) and.....I fell asleep and was not the only one to do so.

More seriously, between wild parties, embezzling money, visiting mia nois and so on....at their old age they will need to recharge their batteries nope? :grinyes:

Not to excuse their behavior but the other day my company's CIO organized a big meeting (2h longs) and.....I fell asleep and was not the only one to do so.

Try a 4 hour meeting every week in a language I cannot speak, I turn up with my pillow

• Like 1

We were lucky at Thammasat. The Farangs were excused from most department meetings, since if we were there, the Thais would have to conduct them in English. :cool:

Yes but did they give you the memo about any changes that were made in the meetings that effected you, or did you find out about the changes the hard way...

The department head would have a short meeting with the furriners and tell us anything which applied to us.

Actually, the younger Thais all had degrees from the U.S., U.K, Canada, or Oz and could speak very fluent English. It was mainly the older Thai lecturers who were worried about their English.

Just had a visit today from immigration police. Was all co-ordinated and in line with expectation. They called yesterday to arrange a convenient time. 2 men and 1 woman, all exceptionally polite and well mannered, of course. Also exceptional English, at least conversationally, almost no hint of the Thinglish that is so prevalent. One of the guys explained that he actually spoke several languages English, German, Russian and, I thought rather oddly, Afrikaans. Not that I could test him but his English was pretty much spot on.

• Like 1

You're on a marriage visa?

p.s. English and German are taught at many universities, but Russian is only at Thammasat. (Only a handful of students studied it even there, all with the aim of working in the tourism trade). But Afrikaans? I've never even heard of Dutch being taught here. Maybe the guy was the son of diplomats. I once taught a gal who's aunt had been with the Thai embassy in Canberra. The gal had lived there for years, and spoke fluent English with a Strine accent! :-o

You're on a marriage visa?

I'm on a non immigrant O-A visa with an extension of stay based on "Take care family", their words.

p.s. English and German are taught at many universities, but Russian is only at Thammasat. (Only a handful of students studied it even there, all with the aim of working in the tourism trade). But Afrikaans? I've never even heard of Dutch being taught here. Maybe the guy was the son of diplomats. I once taught a gal who's aunt had been with the Thai embassy in Canberra. The gal had lived there for years, and spoke fluent English with a Strine accent! :-o

We didn't get into his background but I guess it's possible. The other two spoke good English as well.