On the Ning Nang Nong

Where the Cows go Bong!

and the monkeys all say BOO!

There's a Nong Nang Ning

Where the trees go Ping!

And the tea pots jibber jabber joo.

On the Nong Ning Nang

All the mice go Clang

And you just can't catch 'em when they do!

So its Ning Nang Nong

Cows go Bong!

Nong Nang Ning

Trees go ping

Nong Ning Nang

The mice go Clang

What a noisy place to belong

is the Ning Nang Ning Nang Nong!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw a 30 minute Al Jazeera docco on the Thai cave rescue.

I'm impressed by the rescuers, The Brits the Aussies and there were even some USA military, also many many locals.

A small town had sprung up, with very many reporters.

And despite the inclination to portray the Thai politicians in a negative light, it was obvious that everyone from top to bottom, did a good Job.

The Aussie Anaesthetist was quite frank about the need to chemically subdue the boys on the way out, the Brit cave diver had done rescues before with kids and they tend to panic, making success unlikely.

Good job all round, I'm impressed. Shame about the Thai Navy Seal who lost his life.

• Like 1

The cave is about 30 km from my wife's home. (She was born in Chiang Rai and her first language is Kham Muang. Thai is her second language.) Naturally, she was following it every single minute. She told me she wants to go see it, but it's all closed off still. It will take some time to restore the area to its former setting. After all, it is in a national forest. Normally the first km is open to guided tours between November and early June. Then it is off limits to everyone because of the danger of flooding.

She said she and all of her friends were praying for the boys' rescue. I had sense enough not to ask what divinity Buddhists were praying to. :hmmm:

• 5 months later...