Germany Thread

cavanami

While Bubi is sleeping....

German special forces arrested a Syrian man suspected of promoting and being a member of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist organization.

The 22-year-old suspect is under the “urgent suspicion†of publishing violent propaganda promoting the IS cause to potential followers.

“Two publications contained concrete instructions on how to participate in the Islamic State,†said an official linked to the case.

The unnamed suspect reportedly describes himself as a “media worker†for his roles in publishing violent recruitment propaganda and his administrator duties over publicly accessible messaging apps.

Video files and images depicting torture and executions were among the propaganda linked to the man who has officially been active since September 2017.

Correspondingly, the same town houses a mosque that preaches the devout Islamic ideology Salafism, according to local law enforcement monitoring the building.

"At least since mid-2017, the Salafist ideology has been disseminated through Friday sermons and lessons,†reads an official report. “The sermons, teaching units, Koran interpretations etc. are also published on separate YouTube channels.â€

250 people reportedly attend those Friday sermons of Salafism, which is the ideology often associated with ISIS that typically preaches the conquering of non-believers.

Germany’s Salafi population is on the rise as major cities like Berlin have experienced a doubling of that particular sect of Islam.

Germany's GDPR implementation law, it's just the beginning

The EU data protection reform package consisting of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (in German: Datenschutz-Grundverordnung, DS-GVO) and the Police Directive (EU) 2016/680 (in German: Datenschutzrichtlinie für Polizei und Strafjustiz) will be implemented in Germany essentially by the Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act (in German: Datenschutz-Anpassungs- und Umsetzungsgesetz EU, DSAnpUG-EU).

Germany’s Salafi population is on the rise as major cities like Berlin have experienced a doubling of that particular sect of Islam.

On the other hand in 2017 7394 Brits applied for a German passport which is against only 615 in 2015. They all like Germany as it looks. Which is probably due to a super healthy economy, lowest unemployment for many years and a government where a single idiot would be unable to act like Donald due to a cleverly built parliamentary system under kind assistance of the United States after WW II.

I may assure you that the Federal Republic is in excellent order other than you and many others wish to believe, success creates jealousy.

The Chinese just these days granted BMW and VW all of a sudden to take over the majority of their highly successful plants over there after years of struggling and I may use the opportunity to thank President Trump for helping in this matter. The next thing to happen might be that they cut their US production in favour of their now strongest market with huge margins. I do not praise this but that is how it goes.

BuBi sleeping again , fully satisfied with almost everything ...

Germany's GDPR implementation law, it's just the beginning

The EU data protection reform package consisting of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (in German: Datenschutz-Grundverordnung, DS-GVO) and the Police Directive (EU) 2016/680 (in German: Datenschutzrichtlinie für Polizei und Strafjustiz) will be implemented in Germany essentially by the Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act (in German: Datenschutz-Anpassungs- und Umsetzungsgesetz EU, DSAnpUG-EU).

Any further enlightenment as to what your post is meant to say would be most welcome. Because you probably have no idea yourself I may briefly explain that protection of personal data is a much more serious issue in Europe than in the US. I have a feeling business might be more demanding for facebook and friends in future. As for any other vendor of personal data.

Geee Bubi, thanks for you comments on the USA but you are ignoring what is going on is Germany....you can search the links yourself since you have so much time available....

Free speech vs. censorship in Germany

BERLIN — Sophie Passmann is an unlikely poster child for Germany’s new online hate speech laws.

The 24-year-old comedian from Cologne posted a satirical message on Twitter early on New Year’s Day, mocking the German far right’s fear that the hundreds of thousands of immigrants that have entered the country in recent years would endanger Germany’s culture. Instead of entertaining her more than 14,000 Twitter followers, Passmann’s tweet was blocked within nine hours by the American social media giant, telling users in Germany that Passmann’s message had run afoul of local laws.

Germany’s hate speech rules, known locally as NetzDG and which came into full force Monday, demand that social media giants promptly remove potentially illegal material, some of it within 24 hours of being notified, or face fines of up to €50 million. Enforcement of the rules has reignited debate about their practicality in an age when a tweet, Facebook post or YouTube video can spread virally around the globe within minutes. The law also highlights the problems that policymakers, in Berlin and elsewhere, now face when trying to police what can, and cannot, be posted online, as they try to balance people’s legitimate right to free speech with others’ desire to be protected against harmful material....

Although Internet censorship in Germany has traditionally been rated as low, it is practised directly and indirectly through various laws and court decisions. ... An example of content censored by law is the removal of web sites from Google search results that deny the holocaust, which is a felony under German law.

Internet censorship in Germany - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Germany

Being of investigative nature I googled who aforementioned Sophie Passmann could be and found out she works for my local radio station 1Live in Cologne. I am delighted to learn that Cavanami now switched to supporting the rights of left wing female German comedians. Is this a first sign of erosion within the Trump-sect?

I know Trump followers have no interest in facts but this is what happened:

On New Year she twittered : " As long as it is tradition here to watch Dinner For One on New Year all refugees are invited to come here and destroy our culture "

Dinner for One is an old UK clip about an elderly Lady which is EXTREMELY popular to be watched on that day by anyone who owns a TV, myself included. Hence her tweet has been ironic . Twitter thought it is racist and blocked it.

Cavanami now believes Angela Merkel supported by 200 Arab refugees controls the internet from her Datscha in the Berlin forest. Datscha is a Russian weekend home, ask Donald.