Germany Thread

cavanami

Radioman asks:

„Secondly, which parties do immigrants tend to vote for?“

Many of these immigrants have assimilated; they have become Germans. Some have also risen economically and socially; especially in the 2nd generation = better education, qualified jobs.

Only one group is particularly unusual: the immigrant Mohammedans, of whom about 30 to 40 % have German citizenship.
70 to 80 % of the mulims belong to the underclass or the lower middle classes of society = hardly any school-leaving qualifications. hardly any vocational training, the result: poorly paid jobs.

Remarks the non-Muslim immigrants:

the well-integrated immigrants elect all the parties of our political spectrum =
Social Democrats, Christian Democrats, the Left and the Greens.
Recently, many of the well-integrated immigrants have also chosen the AfD = Alternative for Germany, which has been in existence since 2013.

The Mohammedans with German passports vote mainly and predominantly the Greens and partly also the Left and the Social Democrats.
These parties and especially the Greens continue to promote open borders and unlimited immigration and solidarity.
This electoral behaviour is shown by studies by opinion pollsters and election researchers.

Bakwahn - Nasiadai
Live from the University Library Düsseldorf - 10. September 2018 - 22.20 hrs

@ Nasiadai

Many thanks for your comments, well detailed and clear, as I expected. I don't see the explanations as too long, any shorter and the lost detail can lead to misunderstandings. I've long known about the Turkish people in Germany and always thought they integrated quite well. I have a good friend who is second generation Austrian with Turkish parents, educated and with a good position I would say he is exactly what people would hope for when they think about welcoming outsiders.

My understanding is that Germany, like many of the more advanced European nations lacks the number of unskilled labourers it needs so a certain amount of immigration at the lower levels is useful, the problem as you indicate is where supply far exceeds demand and the situation deteriorates, yet I think that is only one factor and there are many.

Birth rate is clearly a major long term driver, if every couple has just one child then the general population drop over time is significant. Having 2 kids simply replaces the parents so the population is essentially stable. More than 2 leads to a population increase in time. Look at the likely birth rates across different groups to see where the weight of numbers that will long term drive government policy come from.

Radioman = very much white Englander, fast approaching the 6th decade, 3rd decade in Thailand but always interested in western situations especially as I view them from outside.

In the UK I suspect many people voted for Brexit because they wanted to protest against high levels of immigration .However,leaving the EU won`t do anything about 50 % of migrants who come from outside the EU.We are constantly being told that Britain must become " multicultural " whether we like it or not.Why ? Because they ve given up trying to control immigration and now just we just have to accept our fate of an increasing Islamic influence.

Dexi 

I agree to disagree with you on that point,  most of the Brexiters are “Baby Boomers”and Older whereas most of the Remoaners are Gen Z and Snowflake.

Personally  I feel it was a knee jerk reaction to not having a referendum when Heath first took the UK into EU, sort of “I never voted to join”

i couldnt really care one way tor the other, i did my voting back in 1988;when I could see the writing on the wall I voted with my feet so to speak. 

Several videos on YouTube which, if you give them any credence, suggest that even if immigration were stopped right now with no more movement into countries like Germany or the UK the simple fact of the typical average birthrate of the various groups suggests that within a few generations there will be a dominant muslim population.

6 minutes ago, Mekong said:

Dexi 

I agree to disagree with you on that point,  most of the Brexiters are “Baby Boomers”and Older whereas most of the Remoaners are Gen Z and Snowflake.

Personally  I feel it was a knee jerk reaction to not having a referendum when Heath first took the UK into EU, sort of “I never voted to join”

i couldnt really care one way tor the other, i did my voting back in 1988;when I could see the writing on the wall I voted with my feet so to speak. 

There was a referendum in 1975, 2 years after Heath achieved a solid house majority to enter the EEC (Common Market) The referendum at that time, another binary choice, achieved a 67% Yes to staying in.

I do agree the most recent referendum was a knee jerk reaction and totally inappropriate for it to have been a binary choice. Had there been a shopping list I'm confident the results would have been very different. When you consider how many things will change after leaving the EU and how many were given coverage during the campaign it seems clear it was all BS.

I think the first thing the referendum should have done was exclude anyone over the age of say 70-75 from voting. Most likely any outcome would not have an impact on the remainder of their lives.

This piece from 2012 makes for interesting reading.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/9770633/The-EU-so-where-did-it-all-go-wrong.html

and here's another one from as far back as 2006 that might give some insight for our non-EU friends

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/howthebritishmedia.htm

My apologies, this is the Germany thread. I do hope Nasiadai keeps posting his input, it's very interesting, don't mean to thread fuck.

49 minutes ago, radioman said:

I think the first thing the referendum should have done was exclude anyone over the age of say 70-75 from voting. Most likely any outcome would not have an impact on the remainder of their lives.

Dangerous precedent their RM, you are saying an 85 year old such as my Father whom grew up during the bombings of Second World War, should not have been afforded a say , yet Abdul and Mohammed who have been in the country less than 5 minutes are?  

• Like 1